• Me, myself and I. Narcissistic and egocentric. The screen generation.

It sucks if you ask me! People walk by and don't look at eachother. They have no common sense of communicating without their digital device.
    They might as well stay home and lock themselves up instead of sitting on a terrace in summer and start twittering and chatting and checking who has been texting and sending emails. I just don't like it anymore. I just deactivated facebook !!

• Definitely a YES - We are on a downhill slope

Hypnotic anti social trance...People look like zombies all around. Walking in the middle of busy streets without looking up from the phone. I read a story last week about a teen that got killed by a train because of this. People were yelling at him, train was blowing horn but he was in a trance, obsessed...

I know someone that only posts vacation shots back to back and makes it seem like she is a happy free spirited traveler when in fact she is miserable, impulsive and running from facing reality and can't spend more than 1/2 hour in person with a human being but can stay on the internet for hours on FB. Things are not all that they appear to be. I think this is happening on a massive scale and the other shoe is going to drop on the next generation..Our children will live in a shallow world devoid of human interaction. Each one of us has a choice to make..Mine starts now, I'm logging off.

• Time spent online is time away from your real life.

The desire for social interaction is there with most people. The interactions that are readily available online are enough to meet this need and in some cases they are more fulfilling than the interactions a person has in real life. This is one way a person can become anti-social to those in their real life. You can't be anti-social online. Going online is optional. Waking up to reality every day is not.

If you are staring at your phone. Are you available to really interact with those around you.

• Yes it does make you anti-social

People are changing and getting hurt because of social media and there are bullies and people how take and message kids and say oh meet me here and they go thinking oh I finally get to meet my online bff and then boom and people hack accounts and anyone agree with my statement.

• Dis-communicative world view

I got a phone I pay for and never use. Used social media to keep up with family and friends, but it was a silent world. Never heard their voice. Now everyone i know even if I am with them are looking at the "smart" phone while your trying to connect with them. Year by year passed by and the voice calls ceased to exist. Thank goodness I have a dog. She will never use a phone and is always attentive to conversation.

• Social media is anti social

Social Media can be very dangerous as it is very easy to hack into accounts and people can fake their name and they could be anyone looking on your page and 50% of teen deaths is on roads from them texting or checking social media. #microphone drop
    B O O M!!!!

• Social Media is making us anti social

People just aren't seeing each other as much as they used to these days. I can say for my self that I am not seeing my friends as much as I used to. Instead I'm just texting them. Social Media IS making us way more Anti social. We just need to see real people. Not just seeing photos of them with filters.

• Real relations are better than friends on social media

Online today, people spend a large amount of time interacting with strangers, distant friends, and some far off family, but this time could better be spent actually speaking with people in person. When online, people tend to act differently and just aren't themselves. Making real life-long friendships or spending time with a loved one always top friends and followers on any social platform.

• Definitely a social turn off

When it affects me most is in my own home when someone who supposedly has come to visit me starts using a mobile phone to tell similar socially ignorant users where they are and how wonderful they feel for taking time out of their busy schedule to come and see me. Get real or get lost.

• They do not

Chatting with people on Facebook or any other social networking site gives you a kind of boldness which is really helpful. I know a lot of shy people who have become social butterflies in society. Also people may think that getting likes and comments on Facebook make people narcissistic but that is definitely wrong those people , they dont become narcissistic but become more confident another thing is that people think that because of social networking sites people become anti social.........Well i can say that that is one of the most stupid things I've heard in my life. It is because of social media that people are awakened to the fact that -"adventure is out there!!!!!". But social charity isn't only about chatting with your friends and caching up with gossip and posting your pictures online its also helped millions of living creatures-humans animals birds reptiles and many other creatures i know for a fact that there are pages for charities,adoption and donation on sites such as Facebook and twitter. Another fact is that if there is an emergency within your family or if some issue pops up and you need help but cant contact people in ay other way then WHALLA!!! Go onto some social sight and post your troubles online and suggestions will come to you like a dog after a bone. Anyway peace out cheerio

• Social Media allows you to make friends

Social media does not make people anti-social 100% of the time, I believe it is a way to make friends. For example, if a person is shy in person but not on the Internet, then they are capable of making friends on social media sites appose to being alone in person. If the friendship between those two people lasts and they become closer, they may meet in person, adding someone to that boy/ girls friend list. I am not saying this is the case all of the time, but in my mind, social media helps adolescents gain confidence in society and meet new people.

• Because of reasons

Social media gives us more opportunity to socialise with our friends and family. Those who are usually shy and find it difficult to socialise with others face-to-face are now able to socialise with others through social media, giving them the confidence boost that they desperately need, something that would be usually difficult for them to acquire.

• It Allows Communication between distant relatives

Keeping in touch with distant relatives is so much easier through the use of social networking. Sharing photos, videos and messages is the next best thing to physically being there with that distant person and it is so easy to keep in touch no matter how far away you are.

• No, social media allows you to be anti-social

It is easy to use social media as a replacement for real human interactions if you are so inclined. It allows you to express whatever passive aggressive jokes and comments you want, it allows you to stay up all night posting messages about Jesus or cute pictures of dogs without realizing there is really no one out there who cares. It can give you the illusion that who you are and what you think is more important in the world than it really is. The proof is available to anyone, I think, who uses social media and has actually met some wonderful, interesting people purely by accident. But they are not on there day and night, and their posts are all the more delightful because of it. They bring a life to social media and contribute to it instead of making social media be their life.

• No Because Correlation Isn't Causation

It's probably true that social media users are less social. (Anti-social is a psychology term with a whole different meaning than I think was intended.) However, that's more likely to be because people who are already getting very little social contact use social media as a replacement for it. People who were social to begin with use social media less. If you preferred real social experiences, social media would not be able to hook you.

• No it does not

Social Media Does Not Make People Anti social. Social media helps with the right or correct frame of mind I don't know much about social media apart from its gives the support you need to you well not the social media the people on that social media account and behind the screens can help make so much life better skills

• No Way! Being on social media does not make you anti-social

Because it gives you tips and advice. Just say you are a lawyer, and you need to find another lawyer in Seattle. You could ask a group of people, who you do not need to know, about your issue. If you were a mum, needing, wondering about taking that full time job you were just offered, you could find more mums online, and ask them if they are full time and how it affects them. Social media is much more useful that you thought.