• The reason why I believe that we don't need culture is because each different culture divides us and makes us a different society.

It's why people are not created equal and some people still claim that "All men are created equal". However, I disagree to this ridiculous quote, because the way how I see it that people are born, raised, act, believe, express, and look differently compared to everyone else. It felt like that this world is not whole but separated all because of things unecessary to the world we expect to live in.

• Culture is the culprit that divides us

While serving to unite groups it also serves, detrimentally, to divide us on the same lines. In time, a global union will surpass the thousands of localized cultures as they become redundant. No longer will we want to distinguish ourselves in a superior way through religions, customs, languages, and traditions that celebrate our differences.

• Culture implies some degree of coherence

I'm a white, non-Southern American. I don't think I have any culture at all.

Someone on the other side defined culture as "language, religion, cuisine, social habits, music and arts". We (me and other white, non-Southern Americans) speak the world's de facto international language. We don't really have a single dialect -- we just emulate other dialects that we hear. Many of us, myself included, have no religion. We don't have our own cuisine, we just eat foods from other cultures, on an individual basis. For example, I eat mostly Asian food. I don't think we have clearly-defined social habits either. Different families and cliques seem to have different rules of conduct and ideas about morality. It causes some friction. We certainly don't have our own essential style of music. I personally like Finnish folk music, bluegrass (which is a Southern thing, though that's not my origin), French electro, and various other random things. Arts? I don't think we have any that is distinct from the rest of the world.

My point is that, although we may have come from societies that had distinct cultures at one point in time, it's all so mixed around now that I think we're about as different from each other as we are from other cultures. The noise drowns the signal.

Finally, a culture is self-aware. It produces a sense of belonging, an awareness of that culture's history, and maybe even a mild feeling of pride. I don't think we have any of those things. We don't even have a name.

• No no no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no non on on on non nomno no no no non on no no non no no no no

• I say no

We cannot live without culture. Culture makes us unique, it makes us different - which is good to be different - it makes us special and it gives us identity. Without culture, we'll all be the same, we will all have the same talents, arts, personalities, ;languages and we won't be special. Because being different makes every single person unique and special.

• Society creates culture

Society inherently creates culture in boredom. No one wants to be a machine, and thus we do things without need, this is culture. It is not culture to eat slop every day, unless you enjoy the slop among friends and family. It is not culture to do a job, but when one personalizes their job and creates common threads among their co-workers. Society can't keep from creating culture. People are unique which binds them all together, to create common threads of culture, among our differences.

• Hello, my name is Ilyas

I suppose it rather controversial issue, nevertheless.. I don't think one can exist without the other.

Culture is the natural product of human society. The rites and rituals and observances we enjoy bind us together, and give us our group identity, and lend meaning to our existence.

Without society there would be no culture, and without a common cultural experience are we really a society?

• What is Culture? Definition of Culture

All societies have their own unique culture.

"Culture is the characteristics of a particular group of people, defined by everything from language, religion, cuisine, social habits, music and arts. Today, in the United States as in other countries populated largely by immigrants, the culture is influenced by the many groups of people that now make up the country."

So, you can't have a society and not have a culture.

This is another nonsense question, like many posted at this site, usually by total idiots.

• Culture is a by product of society

Culture is a collection of knowledge or practice that is passed down from generation to generation. Therefore, so long as human race and human language existed, culture will always be maintained, modified, or recreate along with human society. Specific culture might disappear overtime but the new one will always emerged so long as human existed.

• No, I'm not sure that's possible

I think that culture is pretty much caused by the fact that society exists. Society is what makes a culture to begin with. I think that society can function fine without cultural activities, but it would certainly be a much different place than what we are used to right now. But, I think culture will always exist if society does.

• Society can not exist without culture.

Culture IS an important part of society. The different cultures make people exciting and interesting. We learn from the different cultures, like food, art, and decorating. Even religions are different. I like a variety of foods, like Italian and French. I also like to learn about the different dances. You wouldn't be able to do that if our society didn't have culture.