• Depends on your definition of atheism and agnosticism

If I define atheism as the belief that no deity exists and agnosticism as the belief that the truth regarding a certain claim is unknowable, then an agnostic atheist is simply someone who disbelieves in God, but does not believe that this belief can ever be known to be true.

• Atheism is a religion. Agnosticism is an ideology.

To be an atheist without being agnostic is close-minded, because atheism makes a conclusion on something that is inconclusive as of now. Unless they are willing to accept that they will never know until it is proven, and that perhaps they are wrong, they have blind-faith. Much like religious extremists of today.

• There's no Agnostic side

You are either an Atheist or a Theist and the only time you're neither is when you are actually about to accept a god claim or not accept a god claim. If you don't accept the god claim then you're an atheist, if you do then you're a theist.

So, most atheists are classed as Agnostic Atheists because:

1. Agnostic - They can't say they know a deity doesn't exist because to them there's no evidence.
    2. Atheist - They don't believe because to them there's no evidence

And most theists are classed as Gnostic Theists because:

1. Gnostic - They claim to know there's evidence that a deity exists.
    2. Theist - They believe in a deity because they believe there's evidence.

• I know many

I wouldY say that this is a very common belief system in the 21st century. They may not fully believe in a God but they are open to change their ,opinion.

Unfortunately this is not a very good belief system, as they may regret their desicion when they die and realise its not good enough to just decide to belEvie when you die.

• You certainly can.

There are multiple definitions used for "agnostic", but it's undeniable that it can at least possibly be used to mean "someone that doesn't claim to know or claims you can't know if a God does or does not exist". Since an atheist is somebody that doesn't believe in any sort of God, although they have a position, that doesn't mean they necessarily claim to know that their position is correct. Atheist and agnostic are not necessarily mutually exclusive, so you can be both.

• It is a difference between the theoretical and practicality

Yes the definitions seem contradictory. Atheism means disbelieving in a god, and agnosticism means believing there may or may not be a god. Anyone can be an agnostic and also be affiliated elsewhere in the religious community or non-religious community. It just would mean that you accept the possibility that you might be wrong. I personally don't believe there is enough evidence that we have to prove god's existence, but I feel that since there is no evidence, it makes no sense to believe. So I am an atheist in a practical sense. However, on a theoretical level, I admit that there may possibly be a god, and it still has not been proven in either direction.

Lastly, I just wanted to say that even if you prove there is a god, does not mean that it is your god (unless you are a deist, in which case your burden of proof is fulfilled)

• Of course- they address different things.

Agnosticism is a position on KNOWLEDGE, not belief. An agnostic is any person who thinks the existence of a god is inherently unknowable with certainty. This says nothing about what they BELIEVE. Most people, atheist and theist alike, are also agnostic.

Atheism, contrary to popular belief, is just a position on BELIEF not knowledge. ATheism is lack of belief in gods. It is not a statement of certainty that no gods exist.

Here are the four classic breakdowns:
    Agnostic Theist: Thinks the existence of a god cannot be known with certainty, but believes anyway- usually based on "faith".

Agnostic Atheist: Thinks the existence of a god cannot be known with certainty, but does not believe in any- usually due to a lack of evidence.

Gnostic Theist: Thinks you can be 100% certain or prove there is a god.

Gnostic Atheist: Thinks you can be 100% certain or prove there is no god of any kind.

Gnostics are fairly rare, but particularly so among atheists.

• Atheism and Agnosticism regard completely different areas.

Agnosticism is literally the belief that something cannot be known. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with a belief in a god, although I've never seen it used in any other way.

Atheism is the lack of a belief in a deity. It is not necessarily a positive belief that a deity does not exist. Babies are atheist by default. If you are not a theist, you are an atheist, by definition.

If one asserts oneself to be agnostic (with regards to divine belief), but neither an atheist nor theist, one is a moron.

You are either theist or atheist, whether you choose to adopt either label or not. All people can be sorted into those two groups. In the same way, you are either gnostic or agnostic. If you are not one you must be, by definition, the other.

Saying that, most atheists are agnostic, in that if reasonable evidence were provided for a deity, it may be emotionally traumatic, but not something they would reject. Of course, evidence for any deity can and will never be provided, since the very presence of evidence would contradict the nature of the Abrahamic gods, at least. It would be more reasonable to assume that such evidence was left by an advanced alien civilisation.

• Of course they can.

I sum it up in this simple statement: I do not know if any gods exist, but, based on the lack of evidence for one, I do not believe in their existence. This basic statement makes me both agnostic (I do not know about the existence of god as there is no evidence to know for certain) while remaining an atheist (not believing in any gods).

• I consider myself to be one

I was raised as a christian, but I could never accept to blindly follow some doctrine, without ever questioning it. I always wanted to know more about myself and the world around me, get to know the causes of the phenomena that exist. The more I thought about this matter, the more skeptical I was becoming. Ultimately, I couldn't make myself believe in something that full of inconsistencies, lacking any rational arguments and evidence. But I simply cannot claim that my believes are the correct ones, I, nor anyone, cannot know anything for sure. It is simply something, that I (dis)believe in. A pure atheist is convinced that his truth is the only possible and the right one. He claims that he can know such thing for sure. Many people that define themselves as atheist are in fact agnostic atheist, as their disbelief is based on the lack of evidence, but they believe that they cannot know such thing.

• By definition, no.

An atheist is someone who believes that there is no god. An agnostic believes that we can't know the truth. An atheist believes that he/her does. See the issue. It is possible, because I believe that people can believe opposing ideas, but it's highly unlikely. An agnostic and an atheist do not believe compatible things. It's another effort to merge the incompatible to avoid conflict, like unitarianism, which basically says that all religions are correct. This is not possible when religions have five different ideas of who Jesus was, or about the existence and type of afterlife.

• It's an oxymoron

An Agnostic is someone who witholds knowledge. An atheist is someone who asserts knowledge by saying "There is no God". You can't know and know at the same time.

All atheists are really "closet" agnostics, but they assert atheism because they like the title. You need to provide some justification for thinking atheism is true.

• From An Atheist

The definition of agnostic is "a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God." Or, in short, someone who doesn't disbelief, but doesn't exactly believe either.
    Meanwhile, an atheist doesn't believe in god. To put it more exactly, the reject the existence of any deities. Being agnostic simply means that you're not sure, or you may even believe that there is a sort of deity out in the world, you just don't think the deity is definable.