Can teens under the age of 18 have any serious relationship?

• Love does last... At any age!

I am sixteen years old and my boyfriend and I have been together for over a year. He has bought me a promise ring and we spend nearly all our time together. It isn't lust. We are both virgins and are going to stay that way at least for another year. I know he is the love of my life. I have no doubts! :)

• Yes, from experience

I am sixteen years old, female, and I've had the pleasure of dating my boyfriend for seven months today. In my opinion, we have a relationship that is more enduring then many married couples today. Both of us have our own family problems, and we aren't just dating for what most teenagers date for-- feelings of love or desire. We've overcome many obstacles, and I've matured in more ways then one
    over the course of our relationship. We both love each other, and ever since I admitted my strong feelings for him to my parents, they've cut ne off almost entirely from him. They're afraid of the heartbreak and risks that are often side effects of dating young. I understand their concern, although it hasn't stopped my relationship. When I told my boyfriend that we couldn't see each other as much, he was upset and confused, yet nevertheless he told me he wouldn't ever let me go. He's my first love, and we share an extremely strong connection with each other. We're both virgins, and he's told me many times that he loves what's inside of me and the outside just happens to be a bonus. Now you tell me, does that sound like a sturdy, mature relationship?

• Age Has Nothing to Do With Maturity & Love

Everyone's life circumstances, biology, and personality are different, thus, everyone's maturity develops at a different pace. People can have a mindset that is more mature than someone else who is the same age.
    I am also speaking from experience. I'm a bright girl who dealt with many financial and corrupt family issues and bullying growing up. I had to mentally mature fast to survive in my world. I am 18, turning 19 in a few months. I've been dating my boyfriend for 4 1/2 years, and was close friends with him for 2 years before we started dating. I feel my biology and life events had a big role in effecting my maturity in our relationship. My boyfriend and I don't date like the average teen does. While we will have our lusty moments for each other, we greatly enjoy our time talking and going out together. While our conversations do consist of fun, quirky things that most people our age talk about, we also have serious conversations about family/family issues, bills/money, apartments/where to live, college, work, marriage and starting a family, etc. These kinds of conversations didn't just suddenly appear when we turned 18/19; these we being discussed long before society decided we were adults just because of the magic age 18. We talk about more serious stuff than most teens do because in our reality those issues weren't ever "sugar coated." These were things/issues our families didn't hide from us growing up. Again, these are things the average married/long-term couples will experience with each other, yet, we are experiencing this as teens. Most college students will be off "hooking up" with people are parties or casually dating. When I go to parties, which is rare, I hate watching girls and guys be treated like sex objects. It took my boyfriend and I over 3 years to have sex with each other; we were each other's firsts. When I hang out with my guy friends or my boyfriend hangs out with his gal pals, neither of us flirt or can imagine "hooking up" with other people. We have great trust in our relationship.
    I think teens are highly capable of being in a committed long-term relationship. It's just a matter of maturity.

• Yes they can

My girlfriend is 15 I'm 13 we are 2 year, my girlfriend was upsetting by my boss of school told her she not allow love me. She said the law said must be over 16 year old, I told her rubbish and she was wrong age doesn't matter by us. I love her so much she want have a serious relationship with us and Will you agreed me? Because I need getting a prove with goverment
    Please!! Replay me if any you want tell me

• I think they can.

I know a couple, the girl is 14 and they've been dating for around 6 months now. They seem like they can last for another six months, after which she's leaving the country, which I think is the only reason for a break up. I know another couple, both of them were 13 and 14 and they dated for a whole year, which is a very long time. I think it depends on the maturity of both the partners and their emotional intelligence. They have to be able to handle getting hurt and they should know what they're doing, and not rush into things.

• Yes, only in certain circumstances

I believe teenagers which are in their closing stages of being a child (16 or 17) can deal with a stable, serious relationship. I myself am only 16 and I currently work a lot more than the majority of the country as well as enrolling a-levels at a grammar school. I am in what I would call a stable relationship as although the relationship is very new (about a month) we have already realistically discussed our relationship and we help each other in times of doubt and everyday struggles. I would go as far as saying we look at relationships of adults and instantaneously point out major flaws in almost every relationship we encounter.

• Yes they can

I've been with my boyfriend since 7th grade when we were both 13. Of course, it was hardly dating then, as I was not allowed to go out with him alone or go to each others houses. So basically, we were best friends. 3 years on, I'm 17 and I realise that going to separate universities will be hard and it may not last, but I'm definitely going to try because I love him. He is my best friend and he is always there for me, no matter what. I know "there for me" is a very generic phrase, but I really mean that he cares about me so much and he always gives me the advice I need, not just telling me what I want to hear.
    Of course, we realise that we are young so we're taking the sexual nature of our relationship very slowly. We make out, but we've not gone further than that. I know that I'm young, but he is so special to me, and he just feels like me other half.

• No one can put an age on love

By claiming that seventeen year old's cannot have serious relationships, surely you must also believe that eighteens year old's cannot either. We do not wake up one day, on our eighteenth birthday, and suddenly be ready for love. Of course, I'm not saying that EVERY teen can, but I am saying that SOME teens can; in fact, I would go as far to say the majority. It is highly unlikely that teen relationships will last to marriage, but it is also highly unlikely that adult relationships will, and yet some do. In our teen years, because of compulsory school, we spend more time around our peers than in any other era of life, and so get to know people better, and so can find love.

• Yes they can

I'm 14, and my boyfriend just turned 16, we've been dating for 1 year, 1 month and 5 days. I mean who knows if we will last forever. But honestly I hope we do. He is the sweetest guy ever. And yea, I know I'm young, but I did lose my virginity to him and he lost his to me. But sex isn't just his main focus. There's been a few times where he said we should wait, or I wanted to do stuff, but he told me he just wanted to love each other. I thought it was so sweet. Me and him have had a lot of rocky paths in our relationship. And I know what people mean by change, because we've both changed a lot since we met. But honestly I think it's brought us together :) and I just really hope for a very long future of him and I.

• Of course yes

It all depends on the level of maturity of both people involved in the relationship, I really don't know why everybody says: "No, teenagers can't have a relationship because they're not old enough" or "They can, but it wouldn't work". I hate these kind of people. Just because of a silly number you can't have a serious relationship? I bet that everyone that says no got dumped as a teenager or had some trauma because they are saying that based on a number you can't love someone if you're below 18 years old. You guys are amazing, my god!

• Teenage brains are not fully developed...

Science tells us that our brains do not fully develop until we reach the age of, at least , 25. Therefore, teenagers tend to have a limited understanding of what a "serious" relationship truly is. Sex and friendship do not equal a serious relationship. But those are the factors that many teenage relationships are based upon. Anyone who has ever been in a long term, committed relationship like a marriage understands that sexual excitement wanes and other feelings and emotions develop toward your partner over time. Feelings such as selflessness toward your partner, and being able to compromise and love during even the most difficult times you encounter in your life are hallmarks of a "serious" relationship. Teenagers change over time as their brains develop and mature and therefore, they cannot truly know who they want as a long term partner. The person who seems like a great fit for a 17 year old may appear to be a "bad choice" to the 18 or 19 year old.

• They are not mature enough

Teenagers under eighteen are not mature enough they just think about looks and the who is the coolest girl. Many teenager care about other people and what they think, so they look for the hottest guy or women and if it inset for what other think and they actually fall in love it usually because of their looks. Study shows that 42% of teens fall in love because of their partners looks not on who they really are.

• Your mind isn't ready for that!!!!!!

A relationship is a lot to handle,me personally I don't think teens are ready for that??Most relationships last once you get older and you kind of have a feel with what's going on between you and your partner.I think it's important to get through high school and focus on your future and what your gonna do with your life,instead of finding your perfect prince charming you don't look for the prince the prince comes to the princess.

• Teenage Relationships Suck

Most of them are really shallow and last for very short periods of time, all they do is put more pressure on teens and cause drama. They are not necessary and are damn near guaranteed to end. Why waste your time on teenage relationships that will most likely never last

• Noo, I don't support this

I was in a 6month relationship with what i thought was the ideal guy. We experienced just about everything together (Both of us are good Christians and stay away from that "Other" side) Then he breaks up with me for another girl he doesnt know. I know that it is different from guy to guy, but some/most guys are not ready mentally for a long term relationship. The point of dating is to find a spouse, if the male or female is not ready but you are then there is no point. I found that out the hard way. Just for future refrence.

• Yes, from experience

• No is no

Love is not have sexual relationships or to just have good time around . It is a very deep and strong emotion that needs careful handling. If elders say it is wrong then it should have some meaning as they are not fools. During this age what we feel is just affection not love. Love is something to be done at maturity because by that time we become capable of taking decisions.

• They cant know how far is too far

And what will happen in their life that will affect the stupid decisions they made when they were younger. You can never go back. Don't ruin your childhood just because you got to serious before you even became an adult. LIVE LIFE FREE with out distractions and focus on you!

• Not quite, no

I don't believe so, I am 18. Though I know at some points I have felt I was in love. I have learned that my mind is not equipped to handle such a heavy relationship. The human mind does not fully develop and mature until the age Of 25, and we act out of arousal and not pure knowledge and experience. Therefore we know not who we are. How could we love another so deeply before we have fully learned who we are ourselves.

• It depends on the two people who are in a relationship..

As you see, 18 years old is way too young they aren't mature enough and
    in my opinion they should just take their time, don't rush there's no need to
    if you're really for each other no matter how much time it will spend as long as
    you're together it will be okay enjoy the moments without those stuffs and
    when the proper time comes..Plan your life together.

Quan says2013-06-19T13:20:50.247
People under 18 are certainly capable of feeling love and making responsible decisions if they are allowed to. Experiencing relationships and making mistakes is an important part of the learning process. People do not magically become adults and acquire such skills on their 18th birthday.
jennybush33 says2015-12-02T23:29:08.020
This is a testimony that I will tell to every one to hear. I have been married four 4years and on the fifth year of my marriage, another woman had a spell to take my lover away from me and my husband left me and the kids and we have suffered for 2years until I met a post where this man DR OLOKUM have helped someone and I decided to give him a try to help me bring my lover back home and believe me I just send my picture to him and that of my husband and after 48hours as he have told me, I saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband and he have come to me and the kids and that is why I am happy to make every one of you in similar to met with this man and have your lover back to your self. His email:lavenderlovespell@yahoo.Com