Can terrorism be justified under any circumstances?

• Of course it can, during time of war, all is fair.

I don't support Muslim terrorists. Not in the least. My son is serving in the Army in Afghanistan right now. I served in the Army as well. Muslim terrorists can go to hell. Having said that, the terrorists have declared war on the west. I can't fault them for doing that. I mainly fault our western leaders for not recognizing this, and taking the fight to the Muslims. So yes, terrorism can be justified.

Posted by: BriaBlacken
  • Coming from a 15 y/o

There are all these freedom fighters that are considered terrorists.
    For example Nelson Mandela, went against the government for equality
    Martin Luther King Jr., went against the government for equality
    Malcolm X, went against the government too

So now ask your selves who is really the terror, them or you?

Check out Terrorist by Lowkey

• Muslims deserve the right to terrorize

It is in my belief that muslims are the superior religion ever to be created on this earth. Muslims deserve the right to whomever person, organisation or country they please. I believe that those who oppose muslims are to be considered the TERRORISTS of this corrupt world we live in.

Muslim is love, Muslim is life,

Muslims 4 ever.

• Justification of Argument

This may sound "foolish" to some people, but doesn't it make a nation "stronger"? Take September 11 for example. The United States has not had a glimse of real threat in the context of terrorism since, security has greatly improved, and people can work together and help others affected. That is my argument.

• The world is not pretty. Violence is sometimes the answer.

I'll use a simple statement. As a child your mother/father will tell you that if somebody hits you, you hit them back. But 10x harder so they they'll know not to do it again. That would make things more than even, resulting in a change that in some people's eyes is not necessary but it is effective in some other people's eyes.
    Moral of the story: Malcolm X resorted to violent tactics and methods to bring about a political change, now even though he was no better than white supremacists at the time he still generated supported and influenced society.

• Martin Luther King

Martin Luther King was considered a terrorist and without him most of us wouldn't be here. He was part of a terrorist group call Umkhonto We Sizwe and after a while he went to prison and the group got violent, but without it, there would be no multiculturalism today. Thanks.

• Terrorists always have a reason for what they are doing, otherwise they are not terrorists.

Terrorists also have a mind, and they genuinely believe in a cause that they think is good. To achieve that goal, they will do whatever it takes to do it. True, it may result in civilian deaths and widespread destruction, but it is all for the greater good isn't it? For those who say its only bad, and that terrorists are evil people, think about it from another point of view. Don't be closed-minded, even if you think the other perspective is illegitimate!

• IGNORANT PEOPLE SAY NO.

"Terrorism is never justified and should never be accepted. No act of terrorism is ever justified, nor should it ever be accepted or tolerated. In cases of religion, it has become the weapon most commonly used - which is completely insane, since what "GOD" would command a person to kill someone (or a group of people), with no justifiable reasons or cause?"

Individuals and groups need to stop killing in the name of "GOD", and own up to the fact that they are committing "cowardly" acts of terrorism in the name of their own selfishness, greed and hatred."
    Really? GOD! No one cares.

"No, stop it, they are evil. Lock all terrorists away, full stop. They are evil. How is it justified to take away someone else's family lives, damage a building, city and waste millions. It is pointless. How could the world be this cruel? Because of these terrorists, it also now scares people off planes and the underground. Lock these evil people away from hurting innocent families!" This is the real world honey!

• What about Nelson Mandela?

Well, Nelson Mandela became a terrorist because he wanted black and white people to have equal rights. He wanted to save the oppressed. Nelson Mandela was a terrorist, but is seen as a hero to many. If it wasn't for him fighting, black and white people may still be segregated.

• It is when the government not listening.

If every other option has been exhausted, if the people are trying to put across a point to their government and their government just simply ignores them, then turning to terrorism to catch their attention and prove your point to them to me, is seen to me as a valid reason.

• If it is justified, it is freedom fighting, not terrorism.

If there is ever a time that is so bad that it calls for a revolution, acts committed for the cause fighting worth should not be considered terrorism, but an act of freedom fighting. During times of revolution, acts committed that could be considered terrorism are necessary for the success of the revolution, and I support using terror to earn rights and win, as long as the cause is true. ¡Viva la revolucion!

• Cannot be justified

Those who think that terrorists are freedom fighters may be right. Although people fail to take in the fact that if freedom fighters commit acts of terror, then in this case they are terrorists. Freedom fighters fight for freedom, terrorists commit acts of terror. Without a doubt, no question about it.

• No because terrorist do not just kill soldiers

They kill kid’s women no matter if they agree or disagree with the cause. Also the person that said that the British considered us terrorists no they did not we went to war with the country not with the people of their country soldier fought soldier.

• But what is terrorism anyway?

Under any circumstance killing people, innocent people is morally wrong no matter what the consequences are. In Nelson Mandela's case, I am unsure. I think that he is a freedom fighter but one mans freedom fighter is another man terrorist you see, even though the consequences where there it did not do

• I'm in the middle

It depends on the situation and events preceding the terrorist acts of violence to determine whether it's freedom fighting or terrorism. Even though our nation was founded with "terrorism" it is still no excuse to say that you can just go out and reek havoc because you would like to.

• No, stop it, they are evil.

Lock all terrorists away,full stop. They are evil. How is it justified to take away someone else's family lives, damage a building, city and waste millions. It is pointless. How could the world be this cruel? Because of these terrorists, it also now scares people off planes and the underground. Lock these evil people away from hurting innocent families!

• Terrorism cannot be justified.

Freedom fighters and terrorists do the exact same thing.. They both fight and say that it was something they believed in and that it was for a good cause. It is hard to justify whether the cause was good bad or bad, let alone being able to tell if terrorism can be justified or not. -.-

• Putting the knife under innocent people is evil !

If terrorist activity was justified then why would Bin Laden was killed for his acts ? Not in any case, it is justified. Mass shooting and killing bombs will ultimately generate fear among the individuals, everyone has to run for their lives .. Before choosing the nation, they have to choose their life at first. What about their family.. ? They have to live to sustain their family.

When US dropped the atom bomb in Japan, the env. was too fearful. A mother was crying out , "I cant save u son, I am not brave to go through the fire and save you. Please forgive me. I'm a bad mother "
    What does this say ? Everyone will surrender for their lives. The chain of violence never ends !
    If one group terrorizes the other, the other may drop a missile and so on ..
    World War 3 eh ?

• Terrorism is everywhere

Even though we have faced all these acts of terror in the homelands as well as overseas, we only blame the big acts of people of other nationalities. I believe, even though we may not see it, that terror is an act that is also done by Americans. The violent acts of people will always progress, especially with the problems we are facing currently. There is absolutely nobody cold-hearted enough to completely stop every wrong they see, mainly because they would soon find out that the more force you use, the more others will adapt.

• Terrorism can't be justified!

No religion, or civilized society can make any justification regarding terrorism. Terrorism is a brain-sickness of those people who commit it and want to outburst what they have inside them. Use of power isn't solution of any problem, even terrorists should be dealt with the manners other than the use of power.

Research this topic: War on Terrorism, United States
Anonymous says2013-04-10T20:33:17.123
If someone asked me casually if terrorism could be justified immediately I would say no, no i can't be justified. Morally it is wrong but with nelson mandela it's doffrent. I'm not sure but it's wrong.