• They are truthtellers

While many people might say that media lies to us . As in some cases it is true but it dosent happen normally the few times that it happens in a very small number and if media is ever caught lying and the people find full proof of how it happened :they risk closing down the news channel .

• Yes, They are

The media tells more truth than lies. I have trusted most of the events and happenings that appear in the media. When the media reports that there is a bomb that has exploded, that incident is likely to be truth. More often than not, the media is truthful. In fact, if the people felt that the media doesn't help them, then they could have stopped watching and these institutions could have collapsed long ago.

• Truth = Money

Because if they provide a good answer, they may get payed more by their employer, which is probably all they care about. For example if a bomb goes off in the sea, the media will be payed lots of money to write a report, and if they do it well, they will earn more money.

• Much of the truths that you know come from the media.

• Journalists provide the truth

As stated above journalists take an oath, https://online.Usc.Edu.Au/bbcswebdav/pid-532452-dt-content-rid-2968677_2/courses/CMN130_2013_Semester_1/MEAA%20code%20of%20ethics.Pdf.

If a journalist violates this oath they are ruined. Journalists go so far as to do time in jail to keep their word and protect the people.

I am currently studying journalism in university, and there's something to be said if one of the most jaded forms of institution is teaching that journalists tell the truth. Besides, who wants a job with lousy pay, working outside work hours and all the hatred aimed at them to just lie to the people?

Now, I won't defend all the media, such as facebook, early morning tv programmes etc., but I will protect the news.

• Yes, they can

Yes, I do believe that we trust the media to tell the truth. This, of course, depends on different sources of media. Some parts of the media report much better than others who prefer to give their own opinion on an issue or put a spin on it. Anyway, journalists take an oath to provide accurate reporting and we should trust them on that.

• Trump Bashing 24/7. Getting old!

Tired of the day to day bashing. Media don't even show what's going on in other parts of the world. The "Sweden" comment Trump made in FL was so one sided. Did the media look into it to see if it's true? I saw the clip that Fox aired so I knew what he was talking about but c'mon, mainstream media were so biased, made it look like outright lie! Nothing new about deporting illegal immigrations but liberal media portray him to be inhumane and insensitive when its been done in the past from previous presidents and he's just upholding the law! And it's splattered on front page. You guys are causing panic and chaos! I was a Democrat but I've opened my eyes to see that the lies, name calling, and bullying is coming from the liberals. Shame!

• Trump Bashing 24/7. Getting old!

• Record of Accuracy

How many times throughout human history has the media admitted to ever being wrong? I can count on one hand how many times I've ever heard the media admit faults. At most, the errors are punctuational, but never, ever their narrative. No human or machine, group or individual, has ever had the record they have for being "correct."

• Ratings and money: The media is NOT to be trusted

The media isn't impartial anymore; when once the "news" reported facts, now they report their views and opinions without regard for the facts.

For the most part, the media are liberal democrats and the only "news" reported are those slanted toward their political agendas.

The major news outlets, mainstream media, doesn't care about the facts or the truth....They want ratings and therefore are not so much better than the Tabloids.

They can claim to be "journalists" and interested in the truth, but they are really just whores out to promote scandal and provide incorrect and misleading information the public.

• Of course not

What happened in the 2016 US elections, their failure to cover both candidates equally has show the world what controlled bias news looks like. Not just a US thing, but world wide. Brexit had a media blitz about the doom of leaving the EU without any positive. Negative flyers, 'specialist' Manipulated polls in favor of staying etc. They also focused on 'racism' instead of national identity and independence from the EU.

The US media refused to cover the negatives about Hillary Clinton and demonized Donald Trump. To give an example, after he won, he did not tell "CNN,MSNBC etc" where he was going. Instead, he left and had a private dinner with his family. The first thing the media did on TV was make a BREAKING NEWS HEADLINES. "Trump is not transparent" "He broke protocol" etc. The same day, people are bringing up how much of a loose cannon the guy for not inviting the press. When he's not obligated to and supported by vans of secret service man. He never broke security protocol. Even New York Times fell into the same category of being one sided. Many think it was the change in management since the owner is a Liberal Pro Hillary.

The point is, it's up to readers to look around for various sources sometimes to verify or pay attention to simple changes in owners because sometimes they have an agenda. TV giants that have news stations have a strong reach and ability to influence people since most consider them reliable.

• Media with the possible exception of fox news cannot be relied upon to tell the truth. American is very aware of this.

We are tired of distorted, manipulated and untrue stories.
    Hillary said dreadful things and the media reported them as if donald trump had actually said them and he did not. Media twists everything. They remind a person of children having tantrums and lying because they have gotten away with it in the past. Hillary (socialism) and donald (democracy) are the choices. Most rational people choose democracy!!!! This was the vote of a lifetime. Sell our country down the socialist river or give america another chance to be great again!!!

• Lies yes but more propaganda to incite their own ideology

Alleged Hate Crimes Spike After Trump Elected
    Black UPenn Students Added to Racist Text-Messaging Group
    Clinton Blames FBI Director for Loss
    ISIS Attack Kills 50 in Pakistan

These are the first 4 leading stories today on a large cable company that operates over-the-air national broadcast network channels (NBC and Telemundo), multiple cable-only channels (including MSNBC, CNBC, USA Network, NBCSN, E!, The Weather Channel,

NO MESSAGES OF PEACE, DEMOCRACY, UNITY.

NEED I SAY MORE

• Follow the Money

It used to be that uncovering the truth added to a reporters prestige, now they fall in to uncover their own potential wealth. Think of all the media coverage back during Vietnam; people had a message that warned against the establishment and the media aired it. Now, those same people who spoke out against the establishment in the 60's are the establishment and they use the press to hide that.
    The Government learned first after the election of Kennedy and then during Vietnam how powerful the mass media tool was and have since used the FCC, Grants, and worked with lobbyist to control the media. I would not even trust Fox news as they just provide a product to a market niche and at the end of the day contribute money to the Left that they report against. Free Press Now!

• If it bleeds, it leads

The slanderous media arm of the Progressive Democrat Party has now been exposed as the corrupt entity that it is by the wikileaks dump and through their own actions. One can only speculate how much the Hillary campaign is paying off all of the John Padestas of the main stream media.