• They could if the stopped subsidizing rich people

I do not get why we continue subsidizing rich corporations and people. Yet, we will cut food stamps, welfare military benefits, the earned income tax credit, and countless other programs that are designed to help poor people. Then, politicians will give rich people tax cuts and all the subsidies they want on top of it. The country is backwards. Poor people need help and rich people already know how to become rich. Yet, we take from the poor to give to the rich. Then programs like art get cut and it kills the countries culture.

• Yes, art subsidizes should play a important part in the american budget.

Arts subsidies in America are a fraction of the funds provided by congress. While the American government is trillions of dollars in debt, arts provide a benefit to are society. It enriches all are life's and allows others to self express. Money spent in the arts truly has a multiplier effect in the community.

• Yes but we shouldn't

Yes the US can afford to continue to subsidize the arts. Yes we are in debt but we have been in debt in the past and still continued to subsidize the arts. I don't think it is necessary to do so and I don't think we should be, but we can.

• Art isn't important enough.

Although I love art, it is not really that important. The government needs to stop spending money on many unnecessary things so that they can have the money for things that are more important. The government also needs to stop sending money to other countries when we are so far in dept.

• Focus on what matters

Great art is made with great struggle and if the government continues to subsidize the arts, then they'll just participate in the creation of bad art by people who shouldn't be making it. This is money best spent on real problems in our society, like hunger, homelessness, and poverty, which are affecting citizens across the country.

• No, the USA cannot afford to subsidize the art.

I do not think that the United States of America can continue to subsidize the arts. I think that there is just way too much things in America that needs to be taken cared of before we even consider the arts. Right now, the funds need to spendt elsewhere and on things that will benefit all Americans.