Can video games be not only unharmful, but also beneficial to mental health?

Asked by: MatGor05
  • Video games can be benificial

They can be beneficial because some of them require math and science and geometry but i still need 31 more words to make this valid so I can post this claim but 50 words is a lot to type so sorry if this post seems kinda dumb but thanks anyways

• They aren't bad at all.

Studies upon studies have been conducted to observe the effects of video games, and each one has shown that video games have no negative cognitive effects. They improve dexterity and social skills, as well as lowering depression and they can even improve a person's ability to learn. Video games really don't have a downside.

• Video games carry no inherent property other than their interactive nature.

The argument that video games can be harmful is somewhat of an old wives' tale. It is not the issue of the video game, rather it is the issue of the person consuming the video game. Video games can only be harmful if the person playing it is unsound of mind.
    Video games, personally, are something I spend a lot of time not only playing, but also making - it's a profession for me at this point. It's what gives me energy, it relieves stress, and it can challenge me without wearing me down.

• Mental games good...

Games are good
    Many studies have shown teenagers who play typical games improves mind and coordination allowing them to make descision skills and improve on their desicion taking.
    I play games to relieve my stress and to cope with rest of the world and society. When I win in a game I feel good about myself
    This shows me that it improves your self esteem and boosts confidence in yourself.
    NOT all games are meant to bring violence as simulators can actually help u in the real world.

• Video Games Bad?

Rebutting the bads of video games In this day and age, more and more people are playing video games, with more and more people thinking that video games are bad or even horrible to mental health. There are cases of someone's mental health getting damaged by video games, but those are far and few between, but people see what they want to, and with the amount of evidence supporting damages to mental health (very little evidence), it's quite obvious that they don't care. There are more cases of video games helping rather than being harmful.

• It releaves stress

It brings joy and happyness to me and my friends and we play quote on quote violent video games and we use it to do silly things and relive stress and the only people who thinks it bad are people who dont play and enjoy video games and think the violece translates into the real world

• Video games can be good

As a gamer of many systems, I think that video games are great. They can sharpen reflexes and awareness. I did a test between one of my friends who plays tournament halo, a game requiring amazing reflexes, and a non-gamer. I dropped a stick at a random point and timed each to see how quickly they caught it. The halo player was a whole 1.72 seconds faster.

Posted by: Y0L0
  • Playing Video Games IN MODERATION is Healthy

Playing video games in moderation is healthy. Video games are occasionally used in schools to improve students' memories and understanding of a topic, such as math games or puzzles. Additionally, video games can improve one's coordination, improve one's ability to solve problems, inspire one to be more social, and act as an incentive to work harder such as being rewarded a video game or time to play if one gets a good grade.
    Now, I will not deny that video games can also detrimental and act as a distraction, but if played in moderation, video games can also be positive.

• Rebutting the bads of video games

In this day and age, more and more people are playing video games, with more and more people thinking that video games are bad or even horrible to mental health. There are cases of someone's mental health getting damaged by video games, but those are far and few between, but people see what they want to, and with the amount of evidence supporting damages to mental health (very little evidence), it's quite obvious that they don't care. There are more cases of video games helping rather than being harmful.

• Video Games Um NO?

They are a waste of time and can make the people who play them want to kill or something because it may look cool on a game. These games also cause damage to your eyes and it decreases the size of your brain due to the lack of use. Answer honestly if you have kids or if you were to have kids: Would you allow your kid to sit around and be lazy and do nothing but play video games?

• I am a skeptic who denies Abrahamic influence. Buddhism is my best religion, which I almost follow. But I lack a belief in God

I am a skeptic who denies Abrahamic influence. Buddhism is my best religion, which I almost follow. But I lack a belief in God and believe it cannot be proven. I am a skeptic who denies Abrahamic influence. Buddhism is my best religion, which I almost follow. But I lack a belief in God and believe it cannot be proven.

• Video Games are a slippery slope into many detrimental activities

Video games, like many other things, is a form of entertainment. Thus, gamers or proponents of video games will obviously find any sliver of hypothetical thinking to support their escapism and waste of time.
    Also, especially with mass multiplayer games, they can spiral out of control into addiction as players become entranced in attaining superficial items or merits. This will disrupt their daily work and necessary education, as with many teens, and cause conflict in the family between disapproving parents and ignorant teens. There is little to no evidence on how video games improve mental health more than any other form of entertainment.

• It releaves stress