• Yes and much more.

Video games not only improve the users vision due to the concentration needed, but concentration span, cognitive ability and reaction time all improve from the use of video games. The use of video games can also be educational, depending on the game.
    Anyone reading this who doesn't play video games, should consider finding a game they enjoy and playing it even for as little as 20 minutes, will provide the benefits which can affect the other areas of your life.

• Video games can also do much more.

Video games have been proven to improve vision, due to the concentration needed. It increases concentration span of a person, and the cognitive abilities as well. They don't have any real drawbacks either, so it is safe to say you should game more often, if you don't already. Even 20 minutes will give some benefit, no doubt.

• Video games can improve your vision

Mom may have warned you that sitting in front of the TV wasn't good for your eyes. But one developmental psychologist found it could actually be beneficial to your vision. Dr. Daphne Maurer of the Visual Development Lab of Ontario's McMaster University made a surprising discovery: People suffering from cataracts can improve their vision by playing first-person shooter games like Medal of Honor and Call of Duty. She believes these games are so fast-paced that they require an extreme amount of attention, training the visually impaired to view things more sharply. They can also produce higher levels of dopamine and adrenaline that "potentially may make the brain more plastic," she said.

Researchers found that following the 40 hours of game playing, the vision of five of the six patients showed signs of improvement. They were able to recognize faces more easily, as well as make out small print and judge the direction of moving dots

• Starting at a screen for too long can damage your vision

I can speak from personal experience. I play on my xbox a lot. When I get off my console, it takes my eyes about 10 minutes to adjust to not staring at the screen. The only way for it not to harm your vision it to do the 20-20-20 rule. Take a 20 minute break and stare at something at least 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds

• It does nothing to your eyes

I've heard of an experiment that it does but not sure I completely believe it. But video games being bad for your eyes is an old wives tale and is not true. How close and far you play isn't going to effect your eyes either. Neither is playing in the dark going to make your eyes bad.