• It's slang now.

1. Freedom of speech. Anyone can say anything. Even with the er.
    2. Even with the er, context still matters. Look at idubbbz, he used the slang term and before but he still gets massive support because he is a huge believer in context. And his subscribers go to show that context matters to them, as well to many.
    4. To go on more on idubbbz, he argued that while some argue nigga/we can't be used in context no matter what, other slurs can and this is the truth. I just saw a TV talk show called The Real and one of the hosts said the word chink and it wasn't live. This means that it was recorded yet chink wasn't censored. You can bet if someone said nigger it would have been censored. So just like what idubbbz says, either all of them are okay or none of them are okay.
    3. I grew up with everyone saying nigga and we never had a problem with anyone saying it. We had no race policing, we all used nigga and er within context. The only people i see having problems with this are older people and SJWs.
    4. If you are international or follow international people, they are saying nigga all the time. Let alone if they cared about the history, they don't care and neither should they. They're using it with context. Moreover because people all over the world are using it, that's a LOT of people to "stop" saying the word. It's hopeless.
    5. If you don't want to say nigga/er and don't want others to say it, that's perfectly okay. What's not okay is forcing your view onto others just because you think it's right. After all we people who don't care who says it, we don't force our views on them. It's about respect.

• It's a slang now.

4. If you don't want to say nigga/er and don't want others to say it, that's perfectly okay. What's not okay is forcing your view onto others just because you think it's right. After all we people who don't care who says it, we don't force our views on them. It's about respect.

• I am Black

Though this word has had derogatory meanings in the past, by sectioning off this word to only black people it is like giving privilege to one race because they are black. Ideally, it would be better if racism wasn't a thing and black and white people could do the same things. Just because a white person uses the word it should have a different meaning if it is not meant to be negative

• It doesn’t affect me!

Im not black but I wouldn’t consider myself white either. I’m hispanic and tan and somethings that makes it hard to be placed in a group at school when eating. We always have the two groups for the grade Sixers, the blacks and the whites. I don’t know why but I always find myself sitting with only a few other tan people... The black people always talk using the ‘n’ word! And yet the white people see to cower as soon as they hear it. Why should they cower! It’s not their fault that their ansestors messed up like years a million years ago (jk) but all we do is reflect back to the past and think; black person; YOU ARE WHITE WHICH MEANS YOUR ANSESTOR KEPT MY RELATIVES AS SLAVES! I NEVER WANNA SEE YOU AGAIN N**GA! ///
    It’s just not fair that we don’t get to use this word as well, isn’t that a little racist! (Just an opinion of me and my friends) The reason white people cant say it is becuase it is considered racist, right? Well keeping a whole other race from saying something isn’t racist!? I don’t get it, being a kid and all! It makes is harder to understand! But why do kids even have to say it!?
    Of course, if you use it in an offensive way towards others, then I suggest you should not, otherwise you are just going to let your race down! There’s the opportunity/ chance flying out the window! Im sorry or any spelling mistakes or grammar issues (hehe) but I just wanted to express my opinion!

• Sure, if they're not being derogatory with -er at the end.

I'm half black, but I think all races can say it as long as they are not using it as a racial slur. It is kind of weird when non black people say it, but it's not really an offensive term when you say it with -a at the end and not -er.

• Desensitize the word

In reality no one should be socially accepted to say the n word due to the insane amount of racist history behind it. However people use double standards and say blacks can use it (even though that's still being racist just towards your own race). So, since it's impossible to stop everyone from saying it instead we should let everyone say it to desensitize it, this way there will be less violence over just a single word.

• The N- word does not affect me

I don't care who says the word to me. White people should not be barred from using the word because their ancestors messed up. White people created the word. Black people took it and made it their own to fight back and say "Yes, I am black. That doesn't make me any less important". I will not doubt that.

But even as a black man, I see no issue with a white person saying it. If a white person is singing Gold Digger and the N- word comes up, they can say it! Hell, they can say it even if in regular conversation.

As some of the arguments say, removing this barrier because of generations agos' past mistakes, will effectively break down racism. Black people don't want to be discriminated against, but they're discriminating over what? A word. A word that black people throw around, but a white person will get shot if they say it.

If a white person wants to say it, go ahead, white person! Sing it! Say it!

As long as the person is not using it rudely (I feel that way with any curse word), I couldn't care less.

• My opinion .

What I believe is that words only have power or meaning if somebody puts that behind them. Disregarding the history, the words nigga and nigger are only words and they only mean something to someone if they care. Words are words get over it ya white nigger and black niggers and Mexican niggers and Asian niggers. Did that offend someone ? I hope not because it’s just a word you niggers. And if we say the words niggers a whole nigger lot more the meaning will eventually nigger away or (fade) away anyway happy thanksgiving I’m thankful for all the niggers that I know(meaning every human I know). Have a good thanks giving guys.

• Only some White People

I think people who’s ancestors owned slaves should not say it. It is wrong for people to accept it when mexican or indian people say the N word, but when any white person says it, it is automatically wrong. I think if someone’s parents came from Ireland or Italy, (they would be white) then it should be the same as if a mexican or indian person said the N word. They are similar cases because the mexican person, and the white person’s ancestors didn’t own slaves. In conclusion, if a white person whos ancestors didn’t own slaves says the N word, then it should be taken the same way it would if a mexican or indian person said it.

• All should be able to say it

I do believe that discriminating against white people, saying that they cannot say it causes more racism and discrimination. If black people and white people all forgot about the racist history, then there should be no problem or offensiveness towards the word nigger. After all it's just a word. Nigger should not offend anyone because it is a word and action of the past

• They cannot say it.

If a white person says the n word, then they will spontaneously combust. I have personal experience with this, because one of the voices in my head died from trying this. Also, if you are one of the few immune people to spontaneous combustion, then Obama and his liberals wills imprison you for "hate speech". I mean, if black people didn't want to be called n*ggers, then why did they try to move into my neighborhood?

• You really shouldn't

Ragnar is saying this is a double standard, and I'm here to say that it really isn't. It is not a double standard because this is a false equivalency. If you look at the context of the word, and its origin, it means something when a white person uses it against a black person. The word does not have the same weight when a black person uses it.
    Sorry, those are the facts. If a black person is uncomfortable with you using that word, you should respect it.

• Nobody should use it

Doesn't matter where you're from. If you're fresh off the plantation you should know more so not to ever use that word. The ones that use it so freely are young black teenagers that never picked a single cotton in their life and have no clue what slaves really struggled through. Nobody should use it, celebrate it or use it endearingly. You don't see jews call themselves kikes or Chinese call themselves chinks. It's completely disrespectful to your own people and to the white people that have been backing the black people up and their rights.

• I don't think anyone should

Well, here's my take on figuring it out. I personally don't think anyone, regardless of their race, should be using this term. It's a demeaning and offensive word that has no place in conversation. I have never heard the word used in a manner that did not in some way demean. Perhaps the right exists to use this word but in my opinion this doesn't justify using it.

• I mean I really don't wanna touch this

Really its best maybe to not say it even though you have the right to because it is only going to be an offensive term. But hey I'm just the one posting this so actually its up to you guys to figure it out lol. Screw you guys I'm going home!

• It is NOT a double standard.

The fact of the matter is, white people have used the term, historically, as a racist and offensive slur to black people. So, when a white people say “the N word”, they carry the same racist meaning behind it. Black people have changed the game and made the word a more positive and neutral thing to say, so when a black persons says it, they do not carry the racist and offensive meaning behind it. The word has been used by white people all throughout history with a negative meaning, so therefore, the word still has the negative meaning when white people use it. But since black people have made it more positive for their culture, it is appropriate for them to say it.
    And also, that whole “if i cant call a black person the N word then they can’t call me a cracker” thing is just stupid. Cracker and the N word have no relation whatsoever. The word “cracker” has no negative meaning behind it. “Cracker” wasn’t a term used by black people when they beat and whipped their white slaves. That never happened. On the other hand, the N word actually WAS and STILL IS a racial slur used by white people when they beat and whipped their black slaves. THAT DID HAPPEN. (I say “still is” because slavery IS still a thing in some places.)

• Completely unnecessary, and neither should anyone who grew up well-off

'Nigga' evolved from 'nigger'. White people and slave owners called blacks nigger because the whites felt superior as a race, and deemed the blacks the least worthy, not considering them human beings. 'Negro' and 'nigger' were the official names for the race, even blacks called their theirselves 'negro'. 'Nigga' popularized after the civil rights movement. Especially with the works of Tupac. Blacks started saying 'nigga' as empowering slang, because of the struggle of growing up poor and facing discrimination.

Growing up black, lower-class, and in the south, it was a word I heard on a daily basis. The only white people I saw were my teachers at school and on tv.

Yes, its not your fault your white ancestors were racists, but know that its not MY fault my black ancestors were enslaved, illiterate by force, killed off, paid under wage or not at all. When the slaves were freed, they couldn't survive on their own. Knowing nothing but slavery, they continued to work for the white men, farming for little to nothing's worth. Slavery is the reason most white people are better off, don't have to work hard to achieve a goal because they have connections and wealth, or there's some relative with a death will that passes on more wealth.

I envy whites for this, for I have never had a trust fund, a college savings account, parents that could miss a day's work and not worry about paying bills, or have relatives pass down wealth.

• It's offensive to black people

It is very simple. Black people have been oppressed their entire history. They have been discriminated upon forever. It is not ok for anybody besides a black person to say the n word. It is a word with a history of hate and violence. It is not racist to say a white person can say the n word.

• It is not white peoples word to reclaim

Many Black people find it rather empowering to reclaim the word much alike the lgbt+ community reclaimed queer etc... We are not blaming the modern day white person for slavery and years of discrimination, but only remember OUR history. And if you can't respect that you're pretty selfish and a rasist.