• Yes!! We need them!

Women can do exactly what men do! And for the ignorant men who voted "no" you guys are basically jerks that still thrive in the dark ages. If a woman is physically and mentally fit to become an officer, then who's to stop her? Let her follow her dreams. Notice that about 90% on the news, only male police officers are accused of police brutality, almost never a female. And besides, we need female police officers to search/calm female suspects, and to give some "female advice" to some unconfident women.

• Of course they can

There are plenty of women who serve as police officers and do an excellent job. They are physically fit and strong, well trained, and responsible. Of course, not every woman is cut out to be a police officer, but the same can be said about men. It's not an easy job.

• Women can be more than excellent police officers

Women actually have traits that can make them better police officers than some men. Women are frequently raised to be caring and nurturing individuals, and because of this women have unique skills they can offer as a police officer. As someone who studied Criminology in college, I remember that studies showed that women were better at certain law enforcement tasks. They were frequently better able to earn the trust of neighborhood individuals, and were better able to represent their neighborhoods than many male officers.

• Investigating/Interviewing/Leading/Searching? Yes. Forced compliance? No.

We need female officers to conduct personal searches of other females and conduct the part of law enforcement that requires no brute-force compulsion of compliance. Negotiating, interviewing, leading and searching are some of the areas fit for an average female cop. Public relations is another great opportunity for female officers. Men, in general, are still the best naturally equipped to force compliance and lead. I think females should be watch captains on protests and control levels of force (my opinion) while men "bring on the pain" when needed to keep the peace. Women in charge dare I say?
    One point I'd like to bring up is that female officers are more reluctant to engage a suspect physically (and sanely so) so the statistics in this area are often meaningless (http://www.Pewresearch.Org/fact-tank/2017/01/17/female-police-officers-on-the-job-experiences-diverge-from-those-of-male-officers/).
    I think both genders bring innate talent to the table of law enforcement and should both participate where appropriate.

• Negotiating/Searching/leading? Yes. Enforcing compliance? No.

We need female officers to conduct personal searches of other females and conduct the part of law enforcement that requires no brute-force compulsion of compliance. Negotiating and interviewing are some of the areas fit for an average female cop. Public relations is another strong area. Men, in general, are still the best naturally equipped to force compliance. I think females should be watch captains on protests and control levels of force (my opinion) while men "bring on the pain" when needed to keep the peace. Women in charge dare I say?

• No they can't

Physically weaker.......A joke.....A criminal can easily over power them and put not only their lives in jeopardy but many innocent people. They can not run as fast as a man.......Let their personal lives affect work.....Are very emotional and very guilible.......Very easy to manipulate......I guess onlookers can always jump in to help them