• Well yes you don't have to be jewish to celebrate haunhakka

My sister was not jewish as a kid. We were orphans. Our parents had died when we were six. So for those six years we were christen. But when we got adopted we were turned jewish. We are not originally jewish so mainly we are not jewish. But I celebrate haunhakka.

• Let there be Light!

Celebrating Hanukkah for the Jewish people has a much deeper meaning than those who are not Jewish. The Light not only not only represents physical light as we know it. This initial statement is rather the mandate of all Creation. The ultimate goal and purpose of creation is that the Divine Light shine throughout the world, transforming everything, even darkness itself, so that it, too, will shine. Since we all live together on the same planet as One. Celebrating the Light should be acknowledged and it is in many cultures in many ways.

• Yes you can.

You can celebrate any holiday even if you are not part of that religion, I do not know why you would really want to, but you are able to do so. Many people celebrate Christmas but not everyone actually believes in it from a religious point of view, they just enjoy the holidays.

• The Light of The World

Jesus was not born at Christmas--St. Nicholas was!! It makes since that Messiah was born at the Festival of Lights!! I fasted and prayed for years and finally He told me it was during Hanukkah. It makes sense doesn't it? :) Jesus is my Messiah, and He is the Light of the world and Hanukkah is the celebration of light :)

• The Other Truth

It doesn't matter whether you're Jewish or not. After all, if you would like to try something new, I suggest or rather recommend for you to at least celebrate it once during your lifetime. This day in this year would be the day of Hanukkah and Thanksgiving. This is not going to happen in another 77,000 years. I wouldn't be alive by then. But in very low chances people may create a immortal antidote that makes everybody immortal. This day in this year is what I would describe a celebration for Thanksgivukkah. I am taking all the chances in this world to celebrate Thanksgiving and Hanukkah at the same time. I love new things, and this is the first time I will celebrate Hanukkah. The way I'm going to celebrate Hanukkah is just lighting up 8 candles for 8 days and 8 nights. There's no other way to celebrate this rare occasion, according to my opinion and the day of Thanksgivukkah on this day, on this year.

• Yes...But why?

Yes anyone can. However, I think it would be pointless to celebrate Hanukkah if you are not Jewish. The emblems and symbolism of the celebration reflect the cultural, historical and social experiences and expectations that are unique to the Jews. One may surely appreciate the rituals but it would be difficult to connect with their significance at deeply spiritual and national level.

• Yes, Hanukkah is also about family

I am not Jewish, yet I have many Jewish friends. Growing up, I spent many Hanukkah seasons celebrating the festival of lights with my friends (and receiving gifts and wonderful food as well!). I learned about the traditions, got to take part in a fun holiday parties, and got to hang out with friends and family. Currently, my mother-in-law is Jewish, and we celebrate every single year. Just like most holidays, you can make a big deal about the religious traditions and exclude those who don't believe as you do, or you can welcome one and all and celebrate the togetherness of friends and family.

• Yes, you can celebrate Hanukkah if you're not Jewish.

Of course you can celebrate Hanukkah if you're not Jewish. It may not have the same meaning for you that it would have for a Jewish person, but you can still enjoy the traditions, the food and the time spent with friends and family. Just like many non-Christians celebrate Christmas, non-Jews can celebrate Hanukkah if they wish.

• Not a good idea

Hanukkah is a distinctly Jewish holiday. I'm not sure as believers that we want to emulate the Jews. When they perform these rituals, they believe that they are somehow scoring points with God. We know better. I do not believe that it is flat out wrong to celebrate Hanukkah, but neither do I believe that it is profitable. I would agree with some of the other comments that asked the question why would we do this. Would it not be better to celebrate the Savior? Bear in mind that the Jewish people in general reject our Savior.

• No

No, I don't think you should celebrate Hanukkah if you are not Jewish. Yes, you can, but why should you? You should celebrate the holidays that you believe in, be it Christmas, Hanukkah or Kwanza. Kids should grow up learning the difference in the celebrations and then choose which ones their family will celebrate.