Can you compare the release of the Pentagon Papers to the work of Wikileaks and Edward Snowden?

• Yes you can.

You can compare the release of the Pentagon Papers to the work of Wikileaks and Edward Snowden. They are all essentially the same thing, trying to attack the United States government. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just trying to not get involved or they are living under a big rock.

• Different but comparable

I think that the release of the Pentagon Papers is comparable to the work of Wikileaks and the work of Edward Snowden. They are different incidents but they are definitely comparable. All three of the incidents involve the release of classified government documents and they each caused a scandal of some sort.

• You can compare them

I think you can compare the release of the Pentagon Papers to the release of information to Wikileaks and the release done by Edward Snowden. All of these instances there were Americans we were fed up with lies and secrecy and wanted to let the public now what was really going on.

• Not quite as powerful

I believe a person can compare the release of the Pentagon Papers with the work of Wikileaks and Edward Snowden. I think anything like this is comparable because it takes people of the same mind set to do tasks like this. We shouldn't see it as a security problem, its good information for the American public.

• The later were traitors.

No, the release of the Pentagon Papers are not comparable to the work of Wikileaks and Edward Snowden, because the Pentagon Papers were released in a different time, and did not have the effect on the world that Snowden and Wikileaks had. The Pentagon Papers were not released to have a divisive effect on the United States. That is what Snowden and Wikileaks were trying to do.