• God, I really wish I could pick your brains a bit.

As for the people who believe life without love is impossible, I'll take a guess(and bet on) the fact that it's because you simply don't know any better, or never fell into that kind of situation when you'd actually have to question it in detail. So I like to pick your brains about the other aspects of life. As for the people who DO think it's possible, I've noticed that your arguments all contain dark/depressing thoughts without actually going into detail about how life would be different. It intrigues me that so many people actually took the time to questions things for themselves rather than come up with some excuse not to.(like "It's only human to love.") but what intrigues me even more; is that so many, if not all who said it is possible, mention something about pain, death, or nexus. Such cold thoughts.(I like that btw) Anyway yea, I'd like to pick your brains, as for my own opinion on this matter, people try to find love as a replacement for finding a reason to live. I myself gave up on love and wish to die alone where no one will mourn my death, and I'm contempt with that, because I have a reason to live. I can admit, life before finding that reason was hell, but to live life for a specific person also doesn't sound like a life worth living to me either. Mmm, what else to say? Eh, I forgot what I was thinking. Can't wait to see what others think of this though

• 3 generations of my family got divorced, I grew up witnessing the yelling, the door slamming and the divorces followed by endless trash talk.

The only reason the women were there was to get money, homes, cars and everything done for them, then take 1/2 of everything. "Love" was little more than a con-game to rope the guy in to the legal paperwork...Aka marriage license. (A drivers...Drive you crazy license). After the smoke cleared from the cheating and divorces...The endless hate talk went on for decades to the grave. I never saw any real love at all, just using people for money. I'm 50 and have been alone all my life, too scared to fall into the same hell. The only chance is to marry outside the race and nationality where good values still exist. Never here for the above feminist man destroying reasons. Never met anyone in 35 years...High school to present...No love at home growing up either. "Love" is the ultimate mind f*ck, BS con-game. It's a lie.

• Love is ridiculous.

There is no love. There is only the darkness and the searing, searing pain. Love is simply the human way of denying the fact that all of us die alone. But the darkness is there, and in the end we all die alone. Embrace the darkness. The end is inevitable.

• Yes i do

Hate will always prevail, No matter how power your love is for each other. Soon it will fade away like the sun as it turn to dark. I truly believe with hate. You can always get through life without someone dragging you down. Love is just a burden. I want to be left with Hate.

• Yes you can.

Love is a superficial thing humans create to find "happiness" in life. A person can definitely live without love, what does love bring you? Problems, sadness, misery,.. Why love if all it does is cause sadness in the end. I personally believe love doesn't exist so living without it can't be impossible!

Posted by: NVWI
  • Yes you can live without love.

What if you are someone that does't like love and can live without it. What then? Some people don't even need love to live there normal lives until you die. Also some people chose to not have love based on there childhood or some other memory that makes them hate love.

• Its Absolutely Possible

Neither parent carried the capability to love, friends have not always been so trustworthy & love interest seemed as fickle as the weather.

After a good realization of my personal path of reality (49yrs.), I learned to soak up the good stuff that life has to offer & not expect what society paints a picture of what one should be entitled to. I dedicate myself fully in my work, home projects and make sure to spread joy throughout my day. I enjoy being a happy soul, life's to short otherwise.

• Love is not real

Though there are many types of 'love' in the word, most of them are lies. It is human nature to make ourselves believe that we have love for another but this is just for procreation purposes. I say that even love is just a façade, it does exist but its more like drugs than anything else; people have this illusion to make themselves feel good but I know that if you stay away from love you'll be used to it and so I do believe that you can survive without love.

• Life of black and white

With out love you are emotionless, forever stuck in the feeling of boredom. A world of black and white, A world of stillness. If you love someone you need them, you need your family to be in your corner, without love are you still a family? The hardest part to understand isn't the meaning of love in definition, its what it means to you, are in need of love or are you waiting until you are rid of it?

• Sure.. Be truly happy? Nope.

Things that make you happy change as you go through life, from a child to a man.. Once you find real love though, you are going to seek it until the end of your days, because nothing else will ever be able to take its place as your source of happiness. You think you're happy without love? You've never truly loved and you've never truly been happy.

• No love= no life

No being on this planet can exist without thing the humans call love. All beings are integrally programmed to have empathy and respect for life on this planet. Humans are self conscious which means they can "choose" to forgo this "programming" .For example, humans can try to talk themselves out of anything in order to make money. However, when one species on the planet decides to go rogue and act only in its own self interest, then it risks not only its own destruction but damages other living beings as well. This seems to be common sense.

• No you can't

You can't live without love because love motivates you and gets you to do whatever you want in life. And also if you don't have someone to love there is no point and people commit suicide. Tha'st my opinion but a lot of people think that love is a weakness.

• It makes you human . . .

Love is like a drug hence its emotive effects can go with you or fool you. Love can be explained in different ways. Human survival needs it through contact with each other and the like. I suppose it aids in decision making whatever you do. Love is driven by what is in your heart and soul or from a gut instinct.

• Thank God someone loved you, or you'd have died in your hospital bassinet.

Beyond that, who'd want to live without love in their lives? What would you become? Simply some narcissistic self lover with no purpose bigger than your own self gratification. The greatest blessings in life come from loving someone enough to be lifted (or even dragged kicking and screaming if need be) out of self interest into that rarefied air of caring deeply for someone other than yourself. The poorest of all people are those who have only themselves to care about.

Posted by: WHS
  • Some people have to

You have no control over whether anyone loves you. That applies to any and everyone in your life whether it's parents, other relatives, friends, or "potential" romantic partners. Once you have this light bulb moment you stop making a fool of yourself trying to get anyone to love you (except your pets, who love anyone who loves them) and you save your dignity. That is something we can't survive without.

• Love is which all strive for

We as people all love whether its a material item or spiritual but we all need it. We tend to love with out even knowing. As babies we don't even know what love is but we love our mothers, fathers, friends, toys ect... We are made to love one way or another. Love is our first instinct hate is taught. Has been proven in plenty of cases.

• Yes, but you will forever be sad

If you know the physical pain of loneliness and heartache, you cannot deny loves existence.
    We put too much store in the constance of love.
    Even a fleeting affair is better than home alone.
    Even if just for a short while hearts and bodies entwine and reassure each other of their desireability, there is joy.

• Love is more than a romantic relationship.

Without love there would be no acts of kindness, no passion, no families, no happiness, no positive growth, no good teachers...Love is something we all require to live - it's a selfless energy that's bigger than life itself. If love did not exist there would be no purpose for anything.

• Not for long

Physically you could survive but the mental toll would be devastating. We're taught to love from the beginning. It's been so programmed into our minds that love is this amazing thing (which it isn't always) and that everyone wants it. Knowing this, the exclusion would only lead to depression which would most likely drive the person to suicide.

• No, you cannot live without love.

All people basically are looking for connection and love in their life. This love may come from a partner, it may come from your love in your hobbies, or other things. But in the end we are all in search for connection and love in our life. This is why you cannot live without love.