• You can overdose on anything

Now, I know marijuana has its die hard fans, but if you can overdose on water, then you can surely overdose on an actual drug. Too much of anything is bad. Now, it will take a lot of marijuana for you to overdose, but a large amount doesn't mean overdosing is impossible.

• Yes. ODing on marijuana is possible and does happen.

Overdosing is simply taking "more than the normal or recommended amount of something, usually a drug." There are non-lethal overdoses and lethal overdoses. Bad trips are typically the result of a non-lethal overdose. Death can be a RESULT of an overdose, but dying from a drug is not the actual meaning for "overdose".

Currently, marijuana isn't regulated, and therefore, there are no "warning labels" or "recommended dosage" to prevent negative side effects or ODing on it. If you've ever thought "I think I just smoked too much", you are probably on the border of an actual overdose. You stopped before the negative effects became "too much" for you and you should be glad. Not everyone is fortunate to know that it was "too much" until it's too late. Edibles are a prime example. They are far more potent than their smoke-able counterpart, last much longer, and the effects are delayed.... Making it much easier to overdo it, but not realize it until it actually kicks in.

In most cases, if someone smokes or eats too much marijuana, they have a bad trip. Typically, these situations are not taken seriously because people DON'T die from it. If people actually died from it, it would be more carefully scrutinized and people would be more cautious. However, because of this, people smoke or eat it not thinking that "too much" could hurt them. On top of that, when someone actually does trip, others play off those traumatic experiences as the person being "unable to handle their [stuff]". This is a sad truth.

Yes, there are no reports from lethal overdosing on marijuana. But panic attacks and short bouts of schizophrenia are common. People have gone to the hospital freaking out from smoking or eating too much weed. They think something is horribly wrong, but they have absolutely no control over how their body is reacting. I don't know about you, but that kind of reaction is not "normal". However, there are MANY reports of it having happened. Everyone will admit that the person obviously took "too much" or at least "more than they could handle". Hence, "more than the normal or recommended amount". So, therefore, they actually ODed. It's unfortunate that they had to experience such a thing, but they are fortunate that marijuana isn't the kinda of drug that you can lethally OD on. However, it sad that others don't take such events seriously, all because they didn't personally experience it themselves.

Honestly, I can't wait until marijuana is legalized. More so because it will be regulated and that will hopefully lessen the number of people who have to experience bad trips. I'm not preaching against marijuana usage. I just think people need to be more aware that there are repercussions from not knowing your limits and what those effects are. If more people were made aware of the negatives, they would be better prepared to handle the situation when and if it does happen.

• I did recently and it was a nightmare

I'm in my 40s and have used pot around 30 times, mostly when I was younger. I recently at some edibles for the first time and found out that pot has a nasty little secret. Large doses, especially lost lasting edibles, can leave your brain a neurochemical wreck for quite a while. I had about a 10 hour wicked, terrifying high, followed by 6 full days of misery. I figure I probably had about 5 times more medical marijuana at once that recommended and I am NOT a regular user. I had all the typical overdose symptoms and they lasted a LONG times......Extreme anxiety, panic, feeling like I constantly had adrenaline rushes, dry mouth, chills, couldn't eat, feelings of derealization and depersonalization, feeling like I was losing my mind and that I would never be normal again, anhedonia, distorted perception and thinking, etc. It finally got so bad I saw a doctor and got a prescription for a benzodiazepine, which has really helped. I think my brain is finally starting to recover after a full 7 days. I know what people will say..."you probably are sensitive to pot" or "you probably have underlying anxiety issues." Neither of these is true in my case. True, marijuana probably can't physically kill you, but it can make you wish you were dead. I have no doubt that someone might commit suicide if they experienced what I just went through. I know I thought about it when I was at my worst, about 3 days after I overdosed. With pot becoming legal, I predict that ERs will start seeing a lot more of this "post overdose anxiety" caused by the uninitiated eating high potency marijuana.

• I just did and it was hell on earth

I'm in my mid 40s and have smoked pot about 30 times in my life....Mostly nice giddy short highs. Last week, I ate some medical marijuana cookies and it messed me up bad. I was high for about 12 hours, during which I thought I was going to lose my mind. It felt like months passed and it was torture. Four days later, after all the THC was out of my system, I began having terrible anxiety, panic, derealization and depersonalization. I felt like my brain was broken, I couldn't eat, I had chills, and a constant feeling of adrenaline rush/panic. 6 days later, the anxiety and impaired thinking was so bad I finally broke down and saw a doctor. They put my on a benzodiazipine, which really helped. I feel like I'm starting to come out of it now. I wouldn't go through that again for a million bucks. I thought about killing myself when it was at its worst. People will say "well, you probably had a pre-existing anxiety issue" or "you're just sensitive to pot." Neither is the case with me. People need to wake up to the fact that, particularly with edibles, you can knock your neurotransmitters way out of whack with a prolonged and intense high and it can take quite a while to get your brain back to normal. Sure, you can't die from too much pot, but you can wish that you did. This has been one of the worst experiences of my life and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. There is definitely some kind of neurological syndrome that follows consuming too much THC. I'm confident that the future will prove me right, especially now that pot is becoming legal. I'm not saying it should be criminalized, but I think THC should only be prescribed in medically measurable doses. The consequences of having 3, 5 or 10 times more than is needed for an infrequent or novice user are terrifying and prolonged. It's taken me over a week to feel even slightly functional. For most of the past week, I wondered if I would ever get back to normal and I felt very depressed and scared. Too much pot is NOT harmless, particularly if eaten.

• Definitely. Why can't you?

This is because everything can be overdosed. Just like vitamins. I highly doubt consuming a lot of vitamins isn't harmful, but in this case, yes, it can be harmful. Additionally, many doctors choose not to use it simply because there isn't enough evidence to support anything that is positive for mairjuana apart from people's belief in its "good recreational use"

• Yes you can overdose on Marijuana, the only thing is... That it would take a lot to make it happen.

According to one frequently cited study, a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times the amount of THC in a joint in order to be at risk of dying. So the most you could do before you get to that amount is fall into a coma, and as long as your body receives everything it needs there's nothing to worry about. It would be like taking DMT.

• Yes you can overdose but not death

Smoked several times in my life before with high. Edibles are different. Ate pot cookie had EXTREME reaction. I don't care what anyone says it was real to me. My hallucinations, paranoid feelings and death like feelings were not fun. Yes, sign me up. No thanks. Wouldn't wish my experience on anyone. Not worth it. Please don't eat if you deal with anxiety of any kind. Not everyone is the same and pot community laughs it off. Not a community for me. I'll never do it again.

• Yes you can by eating it.

I was given a weed pill(large) from a dispensary so it want cut with anything else about 30/40 mins later I was dizzy and throwing up like I drank way to much alcohol. After a hour of throwing up I passed out.

Also ate to much weed ice cream SAMETHING happened.
    It is possible to OD on weed but not to the point of death.

• Because I just did

I had quite a lot of weed when I was a teenager (roughly 200-300 times), I am now 33 and don't really do any. That was until my girlfriend got curious since she never tried it. She is not smoking so we decided to make a weed brownie. Out of busy business schedule, I couldn't find the time to properly search for all possibilities etc. I just googled a few recipes and got on with it. I wasn't even sure the amount of weed was enough. Anyway, we baked it and then ate a slice each. After 45 minutes, I had a very slight effect which felt like a poor-quality weed. I then said to my girlfriend that this was not going to be enough and that I was going to eat 2 more. She decided to eat 1.5 slices more. Just 10 minutes after that, the first slice kicked in... And I remember telling her "I have no idea what we are going to do when the second party kicks in". It was quite horrible. I almost completely lost the concept of my "self", I lost track of time. I would say a word, but right after, I would not be sure if I said it a few seconds ago or 15 minutes ago or if I said it at all. She experienced the same... We managed to take it calmly, and decided to sleep after feeling that we had left the worst behind, and it would not get any worse than that. After a 6-hour sleep, we woke up and were still under a significantly reduced effect. All in all, it was 4.5 hours after we had eaten the first slice until we went to bed. Considering we still had some effect when we woke up, I would say this overdose episode went on around 10 hours. Certainly not recommended. If any of us was a panicky personality, this experience could end up really really badly...

• Overdose does not = death

Its quite obvious that death is nearly impossible from weed alone, but to OD on weed is possible, and likely if you smoke too much of it. Even the 'no' guys admit It, it's called "greening out". If you had any underling condition, like a heart condition, the elevated heart rate could cause cardiac arrest. The paranoid freaking out on too much weed could do something really stupid (jump out a window to get away from green aliens) and fall to their death. YES, entirely possible to OD from too much weed, just like any drug, but extremely unlikely to result in death, even indirectly.

• It is impossible to overdose on marijuana.

You cannot overdose on anything. You can drown from drinking to much water, but you cannot overdose on grass. Weed is a natural herb. There are only a few mild side effects. Even though it can lead to other things, you can absolutely not overdose on pot. Simple as that.

• It is not possible to overdose on marijuana, I study it at Harvard.

There is no possible way to overdose on marijuana. Marijuana is a natural growing herb from the earth, just like grass. The only side effects that marijuana can have on the human body is short term memory loss, paranoia, ect. The only possible way to overdose is if you put something else in it, such as cocaine, or oxycodine.

• I have tried, and failed.

I have tried to overdose on weed. I smoked it for several hours at one time, not working afterword. I tried to eat some hash brownies (also known as weed brownies). This also didn't work. I ran out of solutions so then I tried to eat the weed and some shrooms. You can not overdose!

• No

No you can not overdose from marijuana. You would have to smoke at least your body weight in marijuana to cause an overdose of THC in your system. Trying to overdose of marijuana would make a person pass out from oxygen loss far before they ever experienced any signs of an overdose. The only thing that a person will do from consuming a great amount of marijuana is sit around and laugh at anything remotely funny while eating anything within arms reach.

• You might eat yourself to death.

There have been no instances of death connected to smoking too much marijuana. I have seen some people consume a lot of food if they smoke too much, so the potential of dying from a food overdose is more likely than dying from a weed overdose. There is no evidence suggesting that marijuana can kill if you smoke too much in one sitting.

• NO!

No, It's not even possible for a person to actually overdose on marijuana. The most it will do is put you to sleep if you smoke too much. There are no documented cases of a person ever dying due to too much marijuana in the system, since It's a natural herb.

• You can't overdose on marijuana

This opinion is based on the semantics of "overdose." In a medical sense, overdosing is the ingestion of some sort of substance that is over the recommended dose, or causes a toxic reaction or leads to death.
    Since there is no medically "safe" dose of marijuana, one cannot overdose in that regard. Also, since there have been no instances of death or toxic body reactions to marijuana, one cannot overdose in that sense either.

In short, since marijuana does not cause a detrimental effect to the body that leads to necrosis, death, toxicity, etc, it cannot be considered a danger to ingest in large quantities.

• The amount needed in the time period is impossible

You need a huge amount, not possible to be smoked by anyone in the time it would have to be, even if it was turned into an oil, or edible it would still have to be a lot and still used in a small time. Yeah you can have a bad trip but that's not od

• No you can't!

You cannot OD on marijuana because it is a natural drug and being that it's natural, the only way you could die from marijuana, is for a big bale of it to fall on you, or you eat roughly about 1,600 pounds of it in a time frame of 10 minutes
    I highly doubt someone would have that much weed with them

• You CANNOT die from Marijuana

You can overdose on everything, even water. You can die from water overdose, but you CANNOT die from marijuana overdose. Marijuana overdose will NOT result in permanent disability or death. Marijuana overdose can cause slight shaking that is hard to control, shortness of breath, disorientation, but these effects only last for couple minutes.