• Yes, Amash is a good candidate

Amash has a great political record and is in good standing with his constituents. He is intelligent, well-educated and has proven leadership qualities. It is my belief that Amash would make a fine candidate in Cantor's wake - certainly a better one than the opposition can hope to reasonably provide.

• He is what we need.

Yes, Justin Amash would be an amazing majority leader, because he has not forgotten that he is accountable to his people. Amash has never missed a vote. He explains every vote to the public via social media. His constituents adore him because of the fine job he has done. He should be majority leader and then president.

• Yes Justin Amash would be an excellent Majority Leader.

Justin Amash Representative for Michigan's 3rd Congressional District would be a good choice for House Majority Leader. He's progressive, with views slightly to the right of center. He not a die hard support of the Tea Party's hard line stance. He's demonstrated his ability to work both sides of the aisle in the House.

• I live in his district and will vote no

My kids went to school with his children, and he seems like a nice guy. But I will not support him because his policies and ideas are too extreme. I'm looking for someone who will be willing to compromise in DC, and he has shown me that it more about politics then getting anything done for our district.

• Nope, he would not.

The problem with this is his extreme views. A lot of our G.O.P. have become extremists, keeping the American people hostage in order to get what they want. I don't want a temper tantrum to stop the government from working again. I'm tired of the partisan bickering and professional politicians.