Carrot: Is the nutritional value of carrots worth growing them in your own backyard?

• Is Growing Carrots That Hard?

Carrots are filled with beneficial and vitamins, and they could be eating in a variety of ways. It is no wonder that carrots is one of the most basic vegetables that many people buy. Increasingly, growing vegetables in the backyard is becoming a trend. With the expansion of home improvement stores and the access of support via online blogs and gardening magazines, growing plants is easier now than it was twenty years ago. If you have the time and energy to grow your own health food rather than paying hundreds of dollars a year on fresh vegetables, it is worth it.

• Yes it is

Carrots have a lot of nutritional value. They are very easy to grow, so if you can do it I think it's a great thing. If I had a backyard I would certainly grow carrots. There are many nutritional uses for carrots. Carrots should be a part of everyone's diet.

• I guess so

I'm really sure, but I guess I'll towards yes. I think if you have your own little space to grow food, you should as it would help to cut down on grocery shopping costs and at least you'll have a bigger say in how it is produced (as opposed to always wondering what really goes on with our food before it reaches the grocer's).

• Carrots should not be grown in your backyard

Carrots have a high nutritional impact. They provide an excellent source of vitamin C and can help improve your eyesight. However, growing carrots in your backyard is difficult, as they need to be grown in the ground and can easily be eaten by pesky squirrels. Carrots are readily available in the grocery store and it would be cheaper to buy carrots than to grow them.