• It would make kids work harder.

We should be paid because we work so hard every year to get good grades. It will encourage kids to get good grades and work harder. I feel that if we did get paid, many kids would not be skipping school and would actually want to come to school. I am debating this topic because I would come to school way more!

• Pay these students

Students should be paid for good grades because it would be a good motivator. In future standardized tests, students will want the highest score possible for the money. This benefits the students with money to spend on whatever they wish, and it will improve the teachers’ teaching grade. That sounds like a win-win to me!

• Could help they poor said by shati roy

I think it's good because it coul help kid that poor with food,clothes,college and medication plus kids will work harder i know i will and im in 5 grade because most teens/kid like money if they dont that kinda weird based on my opinion not yours don't be mad at me im just saying

• One Word, COLLEGE

If students are given money for good grades, it would and will benefit them for college in the future.You wouldn't give the students the cash, you would give the parents the cash, and let them decide what the kid can do with it. Sure it may negatively affect our economic state, but it would help poverty, and most of the money would go back to the government anyways

• What you said

Kids should because it will make them try harder in School because they love money and it could help them learn a little money making skills that could help them in the future and with their college money.Kids will be delighted to have their own money.Tacos gave me dyarreah and it is in my pants ;)

• Yes we should get pay.

Kids should get pay for good grade because for college. Sometimes parents think of kids school work as their job. This reasoning may be confused by the parents loving wishes for their children to learn well,get good grades, eventfully attend a good college, and succeed in life. Kid are earning "A"

• No. You pros fail to realize what school is about.

School is about responsibility and teaching those who are willing and able to pass to do so and teach those who do not want to pass to have average capabilities. What does it say about a school that gives money to their students in order to convince them to have better grades? Desperate. What does it say about a child who gets money in return for good grades? That they are not focused on what they should be focused on in school.

• No and because

If students get paid for good grades , they would take school as a way to earn money!
    Of course it will help them focus. But on money not school! They will develop a bad habit. When they grow up, they will want to get paid for the ways the do for a living. Who will pay them then?

• No They Should Not

Students should not be paid for good grades. Doing well in school is expected and cash rewards should not be given for something you're expected to do. Schools do a great job of recognizing students who do well, so there is no need to pay kids who do well in class.

• No, students should not be paid for good grades.

Students should be paid for the work they put in and that doesn't always add up to good marks. Some kids can study all day, practice and try while other kids put in little simply because the work comes easy to them. It's wrong not to reward those children who may struggle but still work hard, at least, in the same way.

• Study is students' own business.

Students need to be aware that they study for themselves, not for parents or teachers. It is because children can get more knowledge and have an opportunity to broaden their scope that they should study. Offering money for grades can only degenerate such self-discipline into a deal of transaction. Once students are accustomed to the money for marks, they may feel like working for others to earn money, instead of benefiting themselves.

• What happens when you hand a student like me incentives for good grades?

Yes it'll temporarily encourage me to boost my initial grades, but I will loose the passion I had for learning. I wouldn't be going to school for an education I would be doing it for extra pocket cash. What happens when I leave high school for college? When I'm no longer getting money for my good grades. Because I wouldn't have that passion for learning, why else should I give a shit? Especially if I'm no longer receiving that precious dough that replaced my fiery passion to learn.

• Kids Have No Entitlement to Such Payment

I am a kid myself. I go to school. I exert myself not for good grades, but for a good future, and that is what is imperative here. The intrinsic want for resplendence, adulation and prevalence will win out over our desire for money every time. Who is providing us with this money? Our parents? They already pay for our education. School is a privelige, and students need to learn that they will need a fuel other than their parents' wealth as they become more and more independent. Grades don't always reflect competence, either. A child who is inherently bright needs to learn there is always room for advancement, whatever his/her A+ report card says.

• Students will believe they will get rewarded for everything they do.

This is not the case. Some tasks that need to be done won't necessarily have a reward. If students are taught that getting good grades and working hard results in money, they will assume they will get paid for all good things they do. This can create false presumptions, and it's just not a good idea to go there.

• I think that kids should not get payed to get good scores on a test or get good grades

No i don´t think that kids should get payed to get good grades because some kids could be in a situation where they cant pay their kids for good grades because they could not even have a house. Some kids can´t do well in school because there might be something that their worried about outside of school and it´s causing then to do bad or no matter how hard they try they can not do the work to get straight a´s .

• Many bad things can come from this

Some students can't preform well in school regardless of the effort they put into it while the students who are fast natural learners have it coming easy to them. It can also have students open up more to bribing and cheating to get the money. The goal would be on their mind more than the content they're learning about.