Catholic priest celibacy: Should Catholic priests still be required to take a vow of celibacy?

• No, there is too much abuse.

No, Catholic priests should not be required to take a vow of celibacy, because it results in a culture in which too many children are abused. Catholic priests should be allowed to have relationships with adults, because this would cut down on priests who abuse young children because they have no sexual relationships otherwise. The Catholic church has to bend on this rule for everyone's sake.

• Celebacy is an antiquated requirment.

I think that this is one of the most ridiculous requirements for a priest. Marriage to god, I know....But what about Human nature.. It is in our nature to love and be loved. Sexual contact is a basic human need... it is in our nature, it is biology. To require that you deny that basic human need does not prove in my opinion your faith in God. Everyone craves human touch, a hug, affection...personal relationships. Humans all need healthy emotional and physical relationships to be healthy. Why would a priest be any different,