• Yes, I hope so.

Among the things that the mayor is sure to call for in his address this week are lengthier sentences for people caught with illegal guns, which has been the drumbeat from his administration and the police department for the past several years. Nearly half of those people arrested for murder last year were repeat gun offenders. When violent crimes go unpunished while nonviolent ones get hammered, many conclude that the state seeks control, not justice.

• It's not easy but it's preventable

The problem in cities like Chicago is a direct result of the drug war. You simply cannot fix inner city violence without addressing the drug war, because it sets up this "outside the system" marketplace in which violence is the only justice. End the drug war and get inner city youths integrated into society, or else the turf war shootings will continue.

• Yes, Chicago shootings can be prevented.

Yes, the shootings in Chicago can be prevented, but there has to be an all hands on deck effort to do it. We need positive images in these dangerous areas to show kids and young men that violence is never the answer. That is hard to do because violence is the culture of not only Chicago, but the United States. It will be a tough job to prevent the shootings, but it can be done, eventually.

• Chicago shootings can be prevented.

With the right support systems and renovation in impoverished areas of Chicago, I fully believe this would reduce the number of violent crimes in Chicago. People need something to hope for and people in deteriorating, crime-ridden neighborhoods don't have that opportunity. I think enhancing the school systems and teaching about gun violence in early grades could help prevent shootings.

JessicaJackson says2018-06-21T16:32:00.980
My names is Jessica Jackson i want to testify about the great spell caster called Dr Purity my husband and i have been married for 4 years and 7 month now and we don't have a child and the doctor told us i can't give birth because my womb have been damaged due to wrong drugs prescription this got me so worried and my husband was not happy so he decided to get married to another girl and divorce me i was so sad i told my friend about it she told me about a powerful spell caster she gave me his email address well i never believe in it that much though i just decided to give him a try and he told me it will take 24hours to get my husband back to me and i will get pregnant i doubted him the 3rd day my husband came back to me and was crying he said he didn't want the divorce anymore 3 weeks after, the doctor confirmed that i was pregnant. He can also help you no matter what is the problem there is a solution and indeed you we be the next to testifier contact him at: puritylovespell@gmail.Com or Whats-App him on this number:+2348070980389.