• Children learn best when home schooled.

Home school offers many benefits and only one pitfall which is easily remedied.

Pitfall: socialization something a child can get through sports, clubs, teams, friends, and many other sources.

Pros: 1. Children learn better from adults, in a classroom kids help one another leading to confusion and unlearning. 2. Shorter days due to prep time. 3. Smaller class sizes. 4. Learning their way. 5. Any field trips. 6. No bulling. 7. No summer vacation to forget all years work in. 8. Family time. 9. Logistics.

• Homeschooling Works! Look it up.

I am homeschooled and I am in high school. I used to go to school, and let me tell you, it sucks. When I went to school, I had to go straight to dance everyday and didn't finish my homework until after midnight. Then I had to wake up at 6 the next morning and start it all over again. Now that I'm homeschooled, I go to bed at 11 and wake up at 8 on school mornings, while my non-homeschooled friends have already been in school for 10 minutes! Since I don't spend as much time on schoolwork, I actually have a greater social life and I am exposed to a wider variety of people. I'm free to choose the curriculum that is right for me and I don't feel pressured to conform to everyone else in school. I get to see the real world, while other kids are locked in a jail cell for seven hours a day and then have more homework on top of that. Since I started homeschooling, I have received emails from 8 or 9 colleges, most being out of state.

If you do not believe my argument, then do some research on homeschooling. There have been many scientific studies to counter all of the arguments against homeschooling. Homeschoolers are productive members of society and I am definitely homeschooling my children.

• Yes. I find it to be better.

I was homeschooled. And I know way more then any non homeschooled person. You just have more time, and education seems like a good thing. Not just something to be shoved down your throat. I can study what i want, when I want, if I want. No rules or deadlines. Just learning for the fun of it.

• Public School is Inferior

Public school has one notable pro over school. That is social interaction. However, that can very easily be fufilled by clubs/sports. Everything else points toward homeschooling. For example, homeschooling is cheaper. I saw one thing that said public schools pay around $9,000-$10,000 per pupil. Homeschooling? About $500-$600 per pupil. And it has been proven that homeschooled students do better on standardized tests than public school students. For about 5% of the cost. There's also no bullying with homeschooling. Students are forced to learn one way by the school system. That student may be better taught in a different way.

• Short term benefits perhaps, but long term?

While I aknowledge that a child who goes through a home-schooling system is sheltered from the potential negative backlash of mainstream schools, but I ask you, to what cost? There is a reason people are required to receive degrees before they may teach and imprint their knowledge on the next generation. A parent will lack the all-around expertise to be able to provide a child with a proper education that would serve them well in later life. Essential skills such as literacy and mathematics are vital to a functioning adult in society, and a child without these fundamental skills is at an extreme disadvantage in the workforce and society in general.

Furthermore, due to a likely lack of qualifications, a home-schooled child is unlikely to be able to compete with other more qualified peers. A child deprived of qualifications and simple knowledge will be unable to enter the majority of middle-class jobs, simply because there will always be other conventionally schooled children who will be more appealing to an employer for obvious reasons. This home-schooled child will go through a life of low-paying jobs and never be able to do well in a workforce that get's more talented and more qualified constantly.

While yes, a child will likely be more comfortable learning in a familiar environment, life is all about taking risks and stepping out of your comfort zone in order to be able to keep up with your ambition. These children will be surrounded by higher-achieving peers as adults who they will never be able to compete with.