Chrysler offered Bruce Springsteen $12 million to use "Born in the U.S.A." in an ad campaign. Springsteen turned them down and has still never let his music be used to sell products. Should more musicians adopt his approach?

• Yes, more musicians should adopt his approach.

Yes, more musicians should adopt his approach, but it is not for everyone. Springsteen has enough money to turn down an offer like this. An up-and-coming singer may not, and might decide to sell the rights to his or her song. We should not judge this person since they need to make a living.

• Yes, they should.

Music should not be used to sell products that the muscian does not believe in. Ads are nicer when they get to use nice music, but maybe we should just have fewer ads. We did fine for thousands of years before they became an integral part of our society, now it is out of hand.

• I respect that.

I really respect that Bruce Springsteen does not allow him music to be used to promote products or services. It makes me feel like he is really committed to his music instead of just trying to make extra money in any way possible. I wish more artists would remain true to their roots like this.

• They have to make money.

When a person decides to use music for a living, they have to be able to commercialize their music in some way. There is not a significant difference between using music to sell a product as there is to simply selling the music. Musicians might not be able to sell music, and selling products might be a necessity. That is okay for a struggling musician.