• What would I sacrifice for freedom?

What would I sacrifice for freedom? For freedom, I would go to prison if that helped people get their freedom. For example, if I protested and if I was sent to prison and that meant people would get their freedom I would do it. I would sacrifice money for freedom. For example, if I needed to “buy” a political party for the favor of the freedom of people I would do it. I would also sacrifice money, for example, if I supported the “wrong” political party my money could be stolen by them. I would sacrifice my patriotism and my country if that meant the freedom of other people. For example, if I were the reason the country did not have freedom I would probably leave so people could have freedom, or if I was fighting for freedom in one country, but I couldn’t stay there I would live in another country but still fight for freedom.

The reasons why I chose these passive sacrifices is because I would rather fight for freedom passively and less effectively than to fight with guns and wars more efficiently. Civilians can get hurt or even killed because of wars, and poverty would turn into a major issue, as well as debt. The danger of fighting is that it can get worse than it already is. I wouldn’t sacrifice my life because I am young, but if I were a 50/60-year-old man with a family, I would sacrifice my freedom for my kids and grandkids.
    Carlos Carvalho

• What would I sacrifice for freedom?

For freedom, I would go to prison if that helped people get their freedom. For example, if I protested and if I was sent to prison and that meant people would get their freedom I would do it. I would sacrifice money for freedom. For example, if I needed to “buy” a political party for the favor of the freedom of people I would do it. I would also sacrifice money, for example, if I supported the “wrong” political party my money could be stolen by them. I would sacrifice my patriotism and my country if that meant the freedom of other people. For example, if I were the reason the country did not have freedom I would probably leave so people could have freedom, or if I was fighting for freedom in one country, but I couldn’t stay there I would live in another country but still fight for freedom.

• Sacrifices for Freedom

• Civil liberties is what made us the envy of the world

There is no doubt in my mind that without our civil liberties we will leave in tyranny. The level of trust in this country are an all time low and this is why many people are arming themselves. Our freedoms can not be taken away by a US police state.

• Land of free

We can not allow the land of the free to become a Gestapo state. Like someone else posted, this is the land of the free and we have to continue to be known as a country that trusts its people. We can not subject our citizens to unreasonable unfair searches.

• Need a mix of the two

In a day and age with so many people that mean so many other people harm, we have to be careful. However, a state of near martial law, where all your correspondence is seen by the government certainly doesn't seem like what the founding fathers have in mind when they wrote the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

• Civil liberties should always be the top rank.

Civil liberties should always out way national security as it is the one thing that this country is based upon. America is to be the land of the free, not the land of the scrutinized, always watched, always monitored, always wondering who is spying on them. It is what our country use to be known for, trusting its own people.

• Whats more important, privacy or safety

Does it matter that the governament knows your life, or gossips going around at your high school? Id rather be safe, even if they do read my private info. If you have something to hide than your the one thats wrong. So if ypure not hiding anything, it shouldnt matter that the government knows

• Weak security brings terrorism

When terrorists hack us and find our weakness, they come to us. Then the country freaks out and they don´t understand. Too much security may take away civil liberties. Somehow we must balance security and civil liberties. Terrorists will somehow hack us and have so much information on us. Go Security

• Weak security brings terrorism

• National security must come before individual rights.

There is a debate now about how the United States government has been doing things like wire-tapping and monitoring e-mails and the like. People are worried that this is infringing on their individual, civil rights. However, most of us have little, if nothing, to hide from the government, and should thus not be overly alarmed by the monitoring they are doing in order to try and keep our country safe. We all may need to sacrifice for the common good. Indeed, we have more personal data being mined from us by websites online, who do so in order to target advertising, etc., than we do from the government, and yet we never bat an eyelash at these invasions of our privacy, which do nothing to benefit us.