Should classes be divided by interest instead of by age?

• I'd never thought of it until now, but it makes sense.

I say yes. I will admit that I have never thought about such a thing before. In thinking about it now, it makes sense. The current system doesn't work for most students, as many get stuck in classes with peers who act immature and disrupt classes. I think that this is actually a very good idea. It is something that should be looked in to much further than it currently is. I say we should go for it!

• Yes, it should.

In the end as long as children and people in general are going to school and getting an education then they should be allowed to be educated in their interests. Age has little to do with someone who wants to learn computer sciences, they shouldn't have to wait till a certain grade to learn it while they take a class they do not care for.

• I say yes.

I will admit that I have never thought about such a thing before, but in thinking about it now I think that this is actually a very good idea and is something that should be looked in to much further than it currently is. I say we should go for it!

• Yes School Is For Education

School is primarily for education. If we must for the sake of education structure things so social opportunities in school diminish instead of refusing to do so we should make up for it elsewhere. There is nothing saying that we must have our kids learn their socializing in the same place as academics. In fact given that one may find another one if one faces too hard of problems with bullies or exclusion interest clubs would be a better way to help promote socializing. Some may say but you have to get along with a wide range of people. Yes, but there will be different personalities that share similar interests and it's not that hard to learn how to get along with people to get jobs done even if you don't share many similar interests. Ultimately, if you go for what you want in life your career will be spent around others who have similar interests and came to the career for that reason, so in the end it's even more important to know how to socialize with people with similar interests.
    As for education, a student should learn as they need at their pace and not held back or run down because they aren't going at the same speed. If a kid is ready for calculus at 10 he should be able to go to the high school(we should have k-12 schools) and learn in the calculus class and not put into a boring algebra class instead.

• There are Flaws...

If a there is a small child who has great knowlege of a high school subject and takes interest in it, how would it affect the social climate of a class that could have kids from the age of 5 to 18 in it? What if you were a senior and were assigned to sit next to a kindergartener who too takes an interest in say, painting?

• No, classes shouldn't be divided by interest...

I say no because first of all why not just wait till high school and if you get to pick your classes what's the point? If younger kids don't learn everything that's in their curriculum then that could damage an important part in their education. For example, say I only wanted certain classes to be done and say you moved to a school with different rules are in college or university you will need to know more. I say that being divided by interest is a bad idea

• No classes should not be divided by interest instead of age

No, I think that dividing classes into interests instead of ages is not a good idea when it comes to education. I think that students need to be around people their own age so that they learn to interact with those within their own age groups. This would be diminished by dividing classes by interests.