Coca Cola had tried to sell bottled water at a premium price which happened to be tap water taken from the mains. Is bottled water a scam?

• Yes, it is.

Bottle water is such a scam. But I am surprised at the price - it says RRP will be 57p for a 600ml bottle - now correct me if I'm wrong but 57p is (really roughly) AUD$1.00 - give or take a few cents, right? 600ml of bottled water over here is well over $2.00 a piece! - It's utter highway robbery! Why do people buy bottled water when they don't really know where it came from, anyone can sell bottled water. That is ordinary tap water and claim it's good for you and better than tap water.

• I agree that bottled water could be a scam.

The bottled water craze can be seen as a scam. There are instances where bottle water has been proven to be common tap water. In cases such as these then it is a scam. If individuals buy bottled water for convenience and are not fooled into believing that its origins are natural springs then it is acceptable.

• Yes, bottled water is a scam.

Yes, bottled water is a scam because most of it is simply taken from taps that we all could access. Plus, it is not as regulated as tap water. Most people think bottled water is cleaner, but in reality, the government does not look as closely into bottled water's cleanliness.

• It lacks nutrients.

Bottled water is often less healthy than tap water. Tap water has iodine, fluoride and other helpful ingredients in it. If a person insists on drinking bottled water instead, they are often depriving themselves of those needed nutrients. There are many bottled water companies that only use tap water, and most people don't even notice.