Colorado Pot Smokers Not Paying Up: Are you surprised that pot smokers in Colorado aren't paying their taxes honestly?

• Not really a surprise.

Break the law once and you will do it again. Once you are breaking the law it only gets easier to just do it again and the fact the those smoking pot have much money left over from buying the pot. I have a step-mom who smokes cigarettes and that burns about 900$ every week and a half. I can't imagine pot being cheaper.

• Not At All Surprised

I understand that some pot smokers use marijuana as a medical aid, but in general smoking pot is a vice that encourages laziness. I would say the same about alcohol as well. Any drug that allows you to shirk your responsibilities and not face up to your problems is going to increase the likelihood that you will avoid doing other things.

• I am not surprised that the Pot smokers in Colorado aren't paying their taxes honestly.

Before it became legal in Colorado, the people smoking pot were smoking it illegally. They were willing to take the risk of getting caught and willing to be a criminal. It makes sense that they are willing to do other illegal activity. A lot of the pot smokers are wanting to stick it to the man and in doing so, are not paying their taxes. One of the big reasons the legalized Pot in Colorado was for the extra tax money it would bring in.

• It's a black market.

No, I am not surprised that pot smokers in Colorado aren't paying their taxes honestly, because most marijuana is still sold on the black market. It's just like waitresses who are paid in cash. Very few of them report all of their tips completely and honestly. The people of Colorado really should have seen this coming.

• Not surprised that pot smokers in Colorado aren't paying their taxes honestly

I'm not surprised that pot smokers in Colorado aren't paying their taxes honestly. People who use drugs are already people who display a lack of respect for law and a desire to worry about getting high more than following the rules. Pot sales should simply stop. They are causing too many problems.