Colorado pot tax windfall: Is it hypocritical to use pot tax revenue for drug use prevention?

• It Can Be

I believe it is somewhat hypocritical to use pot tax revenue for drug use prevention. Hopefully they will address actual drugs rather than targeting the product that gets the funding money in the first place. I think we would be better off using marijuana tax revenues to fund things like Medicaid expansion.

• It is drug use.

Yes, it is hypocritical to use pot tax revenue for drug use prevention, because it is money that is obtained from people doing drugs. It does not make any sense to allow people to do drugs with one hand, but then spend government money to prevent it with the other. Marijuana is still the #2 most treated addiction, behind alcohol.

• Colorado pot tax windfall

It is hypocritical to use pot tax revenue for drug use prevention. Welcome to America we make money off other peoples weaqknesses weather it be shopping addictions or drug additions. I think that if you are going to sell the stuff put the money to use by helping the tax payers.

• Tax revenue is simply money without any sentiment attached.

I think the drug use prevention is a very good use of pot tax revenue. Drug abuse is detrimental to society. Note that I carefully use the word 'abuse' and not 'use'. Drug prevention can take many different forms. I think that the pot tax revenue should be used on drug education campaigns, recovery centers, needle exchanges and other non-punitive measures.