Continuing introduction of new technologies and new media adds little to the quality of most education: Do tech-enabled distance learning programs add little to education?

• They do add alot to education.

Educational progression can only be as successful as the capabilities of access to complete and current information allows. Adding new technologies and new media within the spectrum grants a growing population more opportunities to access this information. This technology may be used in societies that do not have around the clock access to these informational tools, and this can be used to enrich those societies.

• Distance Degrees Boon to Education for Many

Do tech-enabled distance learning programs add little to education? Computers definitely have found an appropriate place in the classroom. Having said that, I must say I feel that having every new media gadget that comes on the market available in the public school classroom is not helpful and is probably a waste of a school's budget. I do maintain that tech-enabled distance learning programs add a great deal to education. Such programs allow disabled or ill permanently home bound children to participate in a classroom. They allow working students to attend college programs and older students to return to school to finish a degree or begin another one....when there is not other way they could afford that education. These opportunities are in their infancy. But I think as they become refined they will change the post high school education possibilities in this country, leveling the playing field, making more education available to more people.