Corporal punishment of adults: Can corporal punishment be an effective deterrent?

• Whipping works and its important to do

I got whipped as a kid and I don't have a problem with it. I think teenagers like me who step out of line should get the whip, like proper old-fashioned with 10. 20, 50 lashes across the back and in public so people could see justice being done. Whipping works.

• Beat dem children hjjjjjjjkkkk l;lw';qwd'd[qwd'

I hate childrenwef

ef
    r

f

f
    efe
    e
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ee

e
    e
    ee
    e
    e
    e

d
    e
    e
    e
    e

e
    e
    eeweedcdedf
    s
    s
    s

s
    s
    s

s
    s

s
    s
    s
    s

s
    s

s
    s

s
    s
    s

s
    s

s
    s

s
    s
    s

• The idea of corporal punishment would stop me.

Corporal punishment can be an effective deterrent. Just the possibility of corporal punishment would deter me from committing a crime. Singapore uses caning for a variety of crimes. There is almost no crime to speak of. Personally I would not want to live there, however, it has proven to keep crime from happening.

• Corporal punishment is futile

To many people, any kind of corporal punishment would serve as less of a deterrent than jail time, as people differ in their tolerance for pain, and the deterrent effect decreases per use. Corporal punishment is unethical and against the prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment in the US Constitution.