Corporate America: Is capitalism the reason we have McDonalds and the Hamburglar?

• Yes, I think capitalism is the reason for allot of fast food resturants.

Yes, I think capitalism is the reason for allot of fast food restaurants. I think the system of capitalism has made a good way for allot of companies to thrive. I like the fact that we can start from nothing and become a big corporation with just ideas. I love the fast food model and capitalism made a way for it.

• Socialism never would have produced it.

Capitalism is the reason we have McDonalds and the Hamburglar, because socialism would have never produced something like that. Socialism does not leave much room for creativity. They would have had to come up with something more routine and standard. But for that private people can do what they want, we have McDonalds and the Hamburglar.

• No, it is not.

I don't think capitalism can be blames for McDonald's and the hamburglar and I don't really see what one has to do with the other. Capitalism has it's faults but it doesn't inherently make any one greedy. Human nature does that. Any other economic forms would be just as bad if not much worse.

• Capitalism is part of the reason we have McDonalds and the Hamburglar.

American ideology encompasses more than capitalism in explaining why society functions the way it does. One of the most influential aspects of this ideology is the idea of capitalism. McDonalds does seem to benefit the capitalist model in that food is affordable and the Hamburglar is presented as a marketing tool. Instant satisfaction and materialism are another aspects of American life that seems to be so engrained in our culture. McDonalds definietly fills these needs as well.