Corporate America's 'report card' : Can improved Q2 earnings alter the outlook for the stock market?

• It Can't Hurt

The stock market is a rough ride right now. No surprise there given the current economic climate. Its slow but progress is being made. Can improved Q2 earnings alter the outlook for the stock market? I think its worth a shot. Improved earnings are a step in the right5 direction.

• No, any improvement based on a single quarter's outcome will be short lived, at best.

Any sustainable shift in the outlook of the stock market depends upon quarter over quarter and year over year positive growth in corporate America. Anything less is spurious at best. Consumers are fickle and only one quarter of improved growth will not have lasting impact on the stock market. The consumer index must remain high for at least several quarters before any appreciable change in the stock market will be realized.

• No, it can't.

I think that all we are doing is delaying the inevitable. The stock market needs to have a small correction in the coming year in order to not become another huge bubble that will burst. A lot of the stocks are still overvalued, and interest rates need to rise despite improved quarter two earnings.

• No, I think the stock market will do what it always does.

No, I think the stock market will do what it always does. The stock market is ways up and down do i don't think this will change anytime soon. I feel that stocks will be effected very little by this on the whole. I feel that there are allot of other things effecting the market that will matter more.