Could advances in biotechnology ultimately threaten human society?

• Yes, at times we play with fire

if you look at some of the research being done recently in the different types of flu and how to make flu spread easier from human to bird it is more of a miracle that we haven't reached a
    point where this has occurred. if the wrong strain gets loose, consequences could be cataclysmic.

• No, they should not

I guess it really depends on what your talking about here. If you think that they will hurt humans in anyway or form, you dreaming. The technologies are going to be for the betterment of society and the opposite. You are dreaming if you think some science fiction alternative is going to happen.

• It preserves life.

No, advances in biotechnology cannot ultimately threaten society, because surviving is our most basic instinct. We will use our knowledge and our advances in order to preserve our lives and improve our quality of life. That is what we are doing now. We will only improve our lives into the future.

• I Doubt It

Biotechnology is generally used in the fields of food production, agriculture, and medicine. I believe it is doubtful that advances in biotechnology will ultimately threaten human society. The fields impacted generally help society in the long run and it would take a major problem with an advancement to cause problems to society.