Could Bill Maher ever succeed as a conservative comic, now that he has established himself as a liberal comic?

• Bill Maher could never succeed as a conservative comic, now that he has established himself as a liberal comic.

Bill Maher could never succeed as a conservative comic, now that he has established himself as a liberal comic. Bill Maher has been a strong proponent of Atheism. It is a theme that he constantly brings up in his comedy. It would be impossible for him to reverse his views in order to become a conservative comic.

• He would not succeed

No, I do not think that Maher could ever succeed as a conservatic comic. Mr. Maher has made too many insensititive comments geared towards conservatives, and is now vilified in the conservative community. He should remain liberal and with his own people in order to continue any type of success.

• No,its not smart to go that way

You can't change gears like that, its too far off the map. I watch him because of what he stands for, you can't just switch gears in the middle of your career and think people will follow. If the president all of a sudden went radical republican, it would spark some crazy questions and issues.

• No, I don't believe Bill Maher could ever succeed as a conservative comic

Politics are very polarizing, once a public figure becomes known for being either liberal or conservative it is very hard for them to ever successfully change their political affiliation, people who actively follow a public figure for political reasons would feel betrayed by this sudden shift and no longer follow them. I don't believe he could successfully switch to being a conservative.

• Would Not Work

I do not believe it is possible for a comedian to go from being a liberal comic to a conservative comic. People hate this when politicians do it, but it's very irritating for other people to do it as well. One assumes Bill Maher's comedy is based on his beliefs to a degree, so if he can just switch sides, that actually makes him pretty unlike-able.