Could learning German be good for a scientist to understand Einstein?

Asked by: MasturDbtor
  • Yes, it would lend more understanding.

I believe that studying someone's writing in their native tongue always lends a little more insight than a translation does. Even though we all know Einstein's body of knowledge well and there are excellent translations and he communicated well in English, I can't help but think that it would be enlightening to read him in his native tongue.

• No learning German would not help a scientist understand Einstein

No, I do not think that simply learning German would in any way assist a scientist towards better understanding Einstein. I think that in order for a scientist to understand Einstein the scientist should read what Einstein did and what he believed in whether it is in German or English or another language.