• Some people like to experience the product in person

I think there will always be people who want to see or touch a product in person, especially with clothing. Some people are hard to fit and need to try on several pieces of clothing to find the right one. It is sometimes difficult and expensive to return items to an online store, especially large items like furniture and appliances.

• No, your computer will not substitute for shopping in a store.

Though I, myself, do the bulk of my holiday shopping online, I do not feel it replaces physically visiting a brick and mortar establishment. Online shopping and physical shopping are two different animals. There are just some items that some people will always want to go and view and touch in the flesh.

• No, online shopping is increasing in popularity, but it will not overtake store shopping.

Online shopping has become increasingly more popular over the last ten years. It provides a convenience that many people appreciate in their busy lives. Young people seem to be especially excited by this method of purchase, so many worry that over the long term brick and mortar stores will be replaced entirely. This is unlikely, however, because people will still always enjoy touching, sampling, and trying things out when shopping before making a big purchase.

• Stores will stay

No, online shopping will never completely replace shopping in the store. While it is true that more customers are turning to online shopping for convenience, stores still cater to a group of shoppers who enjoy the experience of going to the store, seeing and feeling the merchandise, and being with other shoppers.