Could syncretism be regarded as a force that pressures people to change their beliefs?

• Syncretism a force

Syncretism is a force to be reckoned with because it could force pressure people to change their beliefs. This is not not by a great majority of people in society but as they become more familiar with this, they will fear it and be worried about it. It should be taken seriously.

• Yes It Is

Syncretism is a movement where religions are melded together to create a singular source of religion out of many different sources. I do believe it can regarded as a force that pressures people to change their beliefs. People generally believe certain tenets or aspects of their religion and they generally uphold and believe those things throughout their life. Syncretism supposes that people are willing to change their minds to unite and that often is not the case.

• No, syncretism should not be viewed as a force pressuring people to change their beliefs.

No, syncretism should not be viewed as pressuring. Syncretism is perpetuates using different beliefs to work together as one. An individual should not feel obligated to change his or her views; he or she should feel more educated in how his or her views can work well with the differing opinions in the world.

• I don't think so.

I am no expert on syncretism, but it seems like a way to get people to listen to a lot of different ideas. It's a way to consider the way others think and to put yourself into their shoes. I do not think it places pressure on people to do so.

• No, syncretism will not force people to change their beliefs.

While I think that the idea of syncretism is a good one, I do not believe it is something that will make people change their minds and beliefs regarding their religion. I think that it may make some more willing to accept other ideas, but for the most part, it will only be a novel idea to most.