Could the standardization of Office Open XML eventually spur consolidation of HTML and XML formats into one specific markup language that does not differ from system to system?

• The standardization of Office Ope XML could consolidate HTML and XML into one specific mark up language.

The standardization of Office Ope XML could consolidate HTML and XML into one specific mark up language. I believe this because the fact there are so many different programming/mark up languages out there, it would be easier to consolidate some of them into one specific one. A specific one that could do the job of both of them, allowing there to be a need to learn less languages.

• Yes, I think the standardization of Office Open XML could unify HTML and XML formats.

Anybody who uses a computer for office work, etc, knows how much easier things would be if different formats were a lot more seamless and didn't have the issues that they have today. I think that the standardization of Office Open XML can eventually fix this problem and make it better for all users of the program.

• Basic HTML Still Useful

I do not believe the standardization of Office Open XML will eventually spur consolidation of HTML and XML formats so there is one specific markup language. I believe that because HTML is useful to the layman who doesn't want to learn the complexities of MXL. For this reason, I believe HTML alone will always have its place.

• Different companies want their own.

No, the standardization of Office Open XML will not eventually spur consolidation of HTML and XML formats into one specific markup language that does not differ from system to system, because each operating system will want its own markup language and code so that other producers cannot use the same code. Profit will keep them separate.

• Yes it could

Yes, I think that this program could soon take all the different kinds of documents that you can view, and put them into a format that is sort of universal, so that there is not some documents you can or can not open on your computer because you have the wrong program.