• We could live without tv just get rid of the invention tv and then no one would ever watch tv again!

Tv is not the only thing we live off of other things to like phones and iPads and computers everything we have to rely on these things but what we don't need to rely on the most is tv because tv is one thing we don't need at all! Goodbye!!!!

• I guess so

We can live lives but not good ones!R r r r r r&r r r. R r r r r r r r r. R r&r r r r. R r r r r r r r r r r r. R r r r r r r r r

• Life without TV is much better!!

I had no TV for 9 years, but when I gave up teaching I decided to get one as I would now have evenings to myself and time to watch it. I bought a 32" TV/DVD combo and paid for my licence online. On day 3, I knew I had made an awful mistake. What a waste of time and money. The mind-numbing rubbish that passes for entertainment was beyond terrible and, what's more, repeated at least once during the same week!! Adverts were very loud and ad breaks much, much longer than I remember. The TV broke down 5 months later and I was thrilled. I cancelled my licence immediately and got rid of it out of my home. I now have far more pleasant evenings reading, doing puzzles, sewing, DIY, housework, cooking/baking, going for walks and other exercise and actually enjoying myself!! Never again will there be a TV in my home. Friends visit and say the atmosphere is calm and peaceful, which is how I feel without the daily dramas of crime scenes, hospital emergencies and shouting matches between neighbours and relatives. The questions should really be, "Can We Live WITH a TV?"

• Yes, but only by trying to become transcendent.

We could exist without the TV, or without the Internet, and all the like.. Our incompatibility with reality however would only get far worse: our speed versus its slow-pace would become far more pronounced.

Using all of one another, indiscriminately, we'd find ourselves endeavouring to try to exit this reality altogether.

• Yes I could

But definitely wouldn't want to. Television is where I go to relax after a days work. It's my break from the usual work a day lifestyle. I don't have a huge desire to keep up with reality television shows but I definitely enjoy watching a lot of the old 80's classics on networks such as TVLand.

• People before 1925 didn't even knew what TV was.

In 1925, John Braid invented the working television. Before that, no one even knew what TV was. But they still survived, if they didn't, I guess I wouldn't be writing this and shouldn't exist right now. TV is not a necessity in life. Even nowadays, some people don't even have TV, or, they only watch the news. Will there be a problem without TV? Think about it...

• TV is unsatisying overall

I'm a big movie fan, and have a huge collection of unwatched DVD's, and a bigger collection of unread books. I sort of analysed my TV habits and found that even if there was something on worth watching, I found it infuriating to contend with the incessant adverts, so forever hitting mute, or fast forwarding through recorded programmes. Not very relaxing. So I gave up for a week as a trial. I walked, spent more time cooking, reading, and put a movie on each night. I did not miss TV one bit. I am now giving up my TV license as I believe now it does not enrich my life. Books, music and movies are far more entertaining.

• Its actually possible

If we don't have any access to the television we may be mad for a day or more but no longer then that. We have seen many people without television set in their home more happy then us. They are still living. We may find it difficult for some time but after some time thing will settle on their own. The television may be replaced by other means like radio , internet e.T.C . Finally about our habit , we may find ourselves busy in playing games, reading books , communicating our knowledge etc..

• Its actually possible

• We did for a long time

People lived without TV for the vast majority of human history, and people could definitely go back to that time again. The question obviously is asking if we could go back, instead, and the answer is, yes - especially with the internet exploding in popularity, TV is less important today than ever.

• No we can't!

WITHOUT TV EVERYONE WILL DIE! TRUST ME! IT WILL BE THE END! OH MY I DON'T EVEN WANT TO THINK ABOUT IT! EVEN THE HOUSE WIVES AND WIVES OF ALL KIND WOULD GO CRAZY! IT WOULD BE THE END OF THE WORLD! EVERYONE WOULD JUMP IN A HOLE BECAUSE THEY ARE SO SAD! And die. It is the end. For all.

• Yes I could

• It's not acceptable

Did you know the average American home has more TVs than people? That says how important TV viewing is to many yet those advertisements often leave viewers feeling unhappy because they can't reach the expectations.

The same article reports that the average American's TV viewing is 4.5 hours a day which means over 31 hours a week – enough to fill a second job! It also states that, in the US, children will spend more time watching TV than at school.

It's true that some people seem to need the TV on all the time, even if they are not watching, as if it really is a companion. It's on when they are talking on the phone, when friends visit, when they are out of the room. I remember visiting a friend to see her new baby and the TV was on the whole time even though we spent time in another room and then in the living room with a group of friends. I think it got turned down but it didn't go off even though the host was sitting with her back to the TV.