Court ruling stands: US has no right to seize data from world’s servers. Was this a major victory for Microsoft?

• Yes, this was a major victory.

The ruling was a major victory for Microsoft, and so many ways emphasized on importance of privacy. Microsoft has a contract with their clients to keep their information private and for the government to try and arm twist Microsoft to breach that contract was not only illegal but unethical. The court determination has set a good precedent.

• Yes, it is a victory for Microsoft.

Although this incident was regarding information out of the US, it is still a victory for Microsoft. Government should not have the right to seize emails and personal information of Internet users without good cause. If they are given free reign over the Internet to look at anyone's personal information, what will stop them from coming in our homes and doing the same?

• Yes, this is a major victory.

This court ruling barring the United States government from seizing data from global servers is not only a victory for Microsoft, but it was also a victory for every other company out there. Private companies do not want the government to seize their data. This would upset their customers, hurting business. Furthermore, the constitution bars the government from illegal searches and seizures.

• Yes, it is.

This will have significant ramifications for the USA should it reach the Supreme Court, and I am worried on whether the current Justices will see the unconstitutionality of the governments requests. In some way, I am glad this is happening, and with Microsoft as the defendant no less, given their history in Supreme Court cases. They have the resources and legal expertise to defend this and win which few other companies have.

I wish Microsoft the best of luck

• Yes, it is.