Cuba: Will Google's expansion in Cuba help Cuban citizens to participate more fully in the global economy?

• 11 2 3

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

• Yes, of course, Cuba needs connectivity outside of Havana and the world has models for that as well.

The decision to increase Internet connectivity — however slightly — comes as American technology companies show growing interest in making their services available and helping get more Cubans online. Google executives have visited Cuba twice this year, meeting with government officials as well as web developers, bloggers and journalists. According to news reports, they have proposed helping the Castro government increase connectivity. Twitter has approached the government about providing Cubans with the ability to make posts by text message — a service available in many countries.

• Yes, Google's expansion in Cuba will help Cuba

Yes,. Google's expansion in Cuba will Help Cubans to participate more fully in the global economy. Much of the economy today is controlled by the internet. Google is a significant provide of an important internet service that can allow Cubans to more fully participate in the cyber world and the electronic economy.

• Yes, I believe that Google's expansion in Cuba will help Cuban citizens to participate more fully in the global economy.

Yes, I believe that Google's expansion in Cuba will help Cuban citizens to participate more fully in the global economy because these individuals will have far more access to the internet and will be able to stay in the loop of all the world's current events. Cuba has been in the dark but the improvement of relations with the United States allows Cuba to fully participate in the benefits of what the world has to offer.

• I don't know, but I hope so

I hope it would work that way, and that citizens would have better access to news, commerce etc. But without knowing how much access people would really get, or how much the government would truly allow, it's hard to say. As of yet, Google hasn't been able to expand into Cuba and there are still some fundamental differences in US/ Cuban relations.