CVS stops selling smokes: Would you buy your cigarettes from CVS - a pharmacy that claims to promote health?

• ONLY if I was a smoker (I am NOT)

I am NOT a smoker. BUT if I was I may very well buy them from CVS.

CVS sells unhealthy things besides cigarettes. There was a CVS store close to where I lived for a while and I would often go there and buy lots of pop, cheese-its, cheetos, all kinds of junk food.

Nobody would fault a barber shop for selling hats just because that might mess up your hair, so why are people faulting CVS for selling things that could ruin your health? It's not like people don't know when they buy these things. I didn't buy those cheese-its thinking I was doing my health any favors with them.

• I would buy cigarettes from CVS.

Yes, I would absolutely buy cigarettes from CVS. Everybody is responsible for their own health, and CVS sells other products that are considered unhealthy. It doesn't matter to me whether it's a pharmacy or not. CVS is basically like any other store. Just because CVS sells medication it does not mean that it will be held to a higher standard than any other shopping experience.

• Yes, Wellness Promotion is Good

Yes, promoting good community health is an excellent way for a retail store to gain my business. Cigarettes are known to cause many health problems and have virtually no benefits. By stopping selling cigarettes the company has used its freedom to influence the community and hopefully promote a healthier society for the future.

• If I was a smoker

I used to buy my cigarettes from Walgreens, which I do believe is a part of CVS, because they were the cheapest. But they sell a lot of stuff there, its not just a pharmacy. I have quit smoking and switched to vapor pens, so now I wouldn't buy them.

• We should fire all doctors and nurses who smoke:

How can you say "I want to help other people be healthy?" when you do not act in a way that is conducive to health and are not a shining example? What is the point of the "unhealthy" doctor? Knowledge is what makes you capable of being a physician but lifestyle is what makes you actually a physician.

• ONLY if I was a smoker (I am NOT)

• It confuses the brand.

No, I would not buy my cigarettes from CVS, because that is a place where I go when I want to feel better. It is not a place where I go when I want to get lung cancer. It's disingenuous of CVS to sell cigarettes, when they promote themselves as a pharmacy for good health.