Data Speeds Provided by T-Mobile: Does T-Mobile have an obligation to provide consumers with accurate data speeds being provided for their phone?

• Yes - Know before you sign

I think T-Mobile should provide accurate data speeds for customers mobile phones. When I choose to take out a mobile contract, I would be looking at the speed of download, and would not want to be lied to. It would be good for T-Mobile too, because they would also have less returned phones.

• T-Mobile absolutely has an obligation to provide consumers with accurate data speeds.

Yes, I believe that T-Mobile has a very big and very real obligation to provide consumers with accurate data speeds. It is unfair to misrepresent your company in such a way as to imply that your data speeds are faster than they really are. It should not be stood for by consumers and people should vote by using another service provider.

• Yes, they do carry this obligation.

Yes, I think that T-Mobile has an obligation to provide consumers with accurate data speeds being provided for their phone because as customers to this company the company has to show them dedication and loyalty. If the data speeds are inaccurate then that is not fair to the customer and they should be reimbursed in some way.

• Yes, because if that is what they advertise, then that is what they should offer

If T-Mobile is saying that they have certain speeds of data available for their customers, then they should follow through with what their word is. Otherwise it can create conflict because it is false advertising. However, there are some people that live in rural areas where it can be difficult to determine their distance from a T-Mobile supporting tower. This can make it difficult to precisely pinpoint a person's data speed. However, through the use of GPS, T-Mobile should have that access readily available and be able to tell their customers whether or not their data access is what they have promised it to be. If someone expects something from someone they do business with, they should be obligated (even morally) to uphold their end of the contract. Otherwise, the agreement is null and void.