David Luiz returned to Stamford Bridge on Transfer Deadline Day for £30m on a three-year deal. Will this lead to higher pay for soccer players?

• Yes, it will.

Just like with any other industry, when one person gets a huge raise or contract other people in the same industry will want one. An increase in pay for one person usually sets the precident for everyone else. It is good for the players, but not necessarily for the team's owners.

• Yes, the deal with David Luiz will lead to higher pay for players

David Luiz is a talented Brazilian soccer player and he has helped to create a higher pay level for top players. The fans of soccer are passionate as the sport continues to gain more attention across the world. David Luiz has become popular and valuable to his team. He had a successful two seasons in France and will have a strong future ahead of him.

• No, I am sure that Chelsea football club have suffered so much embarrassment since that defeat and make sure it doesn't happen again.

I just don`t get these transfers at all. If Chelsea couldn't get exactly who they wanted from their allocated targets they should've left it. Next season when the kids are a step closer to being ready they now have to try to leapfrog these rather half - hearted signings as well as those already there. Are these signings really that much better than the guys we've loaned out?? This season could've been used as a rebuilding nurturing season instead of cobbling some hotch potch "nearly" squad together. I hate to say this but if i was one our kids on the fringes I would be handing in my transfer request as soon as possible.

• High pay cannot continue

I fervently believe and hope that the increasingly ridiculous salaries and transfer deals being made around football players cannot continue unabetted. Especially in a world where Brexit and austerity are watchwords even the most dedicated football fan can't help but recent the pay being taken home by some of its stars.