DC handgun ban: Is it OK to ban whole categories of arms, such as handguns in DC?

• I think so.

I definitely think that all forms of handgun and weapon should be kept out of the area around the White House and the important government buildings. As far as the rest of the city goes, I'm on the fence because in places where they don't have the security to enforce the gun ban, there will be people carrying weapons whether they are banned in the area or not.

• Yes. I believe it is ok to ban whole categories of arms, such as handguns in DC.

Yes. I believe It is ok to ban whole categories of arms, such as handguns in DC, because there is a lot of violence, or crime that takes place in DC. A lot of those crimes involve hand guns. I believe this ban would greatly increase the safety of the citizens in DC.

• Yes, it is okay to ban whole categories of guns.

As long as the citizens have the right to bear arms I don't have a problem with which types of arms are limited. Handguns are dangerous because they can be brought anywhere without people being able to see that you have them. This is why they are the gun of choice for most criminals.

• Yes, DC has a severe gun problem.

Yes, it is OK to ban whole categories of arms in DC, like handguns, because DC has a severe weapons problem that results in many deaths each year. Washington DC is an urban area, so there is no argument to be made that the weapons are necessary for hunting. The ban would save lives and is thus justifiable.

• It is OK to ban whole categories of arms, such as handguns in DC.

In fact, all guns should be banned, not only in Washington, but in the whole country. Banning guns is the only way to stop gun violence in America. There is no reason why normal people need to have deadly weapons. The constitution said that a well organized militia can be armed, not normal civilians.

• It is not OK to ban whole categories of arms.

Any kind of gun bans, irregardless of the category, is simply one more step toward the ban of all guns in America. The Left in America have made it totally clear that this is their desire, to disarm Americans. Each and every little bit of an excuse to attempt to ban some aspect of guns is not wasted. Americans have the Right to Bear Arms.

• Bans Don't Work

I do not believe it is okay to ban whole categories of arms, such as the handgun ban in DC. For one thing, this only removes the hand guns from the common citizen. While DC is full of secret service, law enforcement, and more that can still easily carry weapons, due to their line of work. This ban simply works against the majority of the population. It allows the government to gun down the innocent.