DEA Says Marijuana Has No Medical Value: Should the US government allow states to legalize medical marijuana?

• Yes, they should.

By saying that marijuana has no medical value they are discounting thousands of studies that have been done over the last 30 years. There is plenty of scientific evidence that contridicts this. They should allow states to legalize medical marijuana and need to relax their stance and make marijuana legal.

• Yes, federal governement has to empower every states to choose to legalize as scientific value has not been proved from now.

At the federal level, marijuana remains classified as a Schedule I substance under the Controlled Substances Act, where Schedule I substances are considered to have a high potential for dependency and no accepted medical use, making distribution of marijuana a federal offense.
    But many US states has already been functioning under legalized majijuana and results are kind of positive with economic outcomes.

• Yes, they should allow states to legalize it.

Medical research has over the years insisted that there are some elements in marijuana that are of medical value, so the DEA should have at least consulted experts before releasing a statement that has no expert backing. The DEA should find ways of regulating marijuana instead f insisting on a total ban.

• Sad to say it.

This is the part where I hold my nose and say, yes! This decision should belong to the states. It was only 87 years ago when the federal government still held the constitution is some regard, and at the same time wished to outlaw alcoholic beverages. They did not pass a law to do so. They understood they had no authority under the constitution. The followed the constitution, passing the 21st Amendment which was ratified in December 1933, enacting, rightly or wrongly (wrongly in my opinion) a nationwide ban on alcohol. That is how the federal government is allowed to get involved. I am strictly against cannabis. I also am against federal overreach. It should be left to the states or the U.S. Constitution needs to be amended. Unfortunately the federal giant is unleashed and following the constitution is lost.

• No, it should not be legalized

The government has a responsibility to protect its people. This means that, while states should have individual rights, if they are in opposition to federal laws, they ought to be squashed. As the overarching power in the nation, the government has the right and responsibility to enforce the laws it sets forth. The states must bow to the whims of the government.