Death is beautiful and should be accepted with open arms.

Asked by: Nexus_Mind
  • Its not necessarily beautiful but it needs to be accepted by everyone

I'm an atheist so I believe once we are gone, we are gone! Kinda depressing huh? Yea, it is. Well, just imaging someone you know who's dying of this disease and died in their sleep. No pain, just like that. I'd be thankful personally instead of them just dying when their awake. They came into this world without pain and they left this world without pain. I always remember the things my parents say to me about this. Like is beautiful, death is bitter-sweet

• Death: a beautiful gift for a believer.

Multitudes of men have walked on the surface of this Earth. They all belonged to different nations and cultures. A few of them made history for which they were remembered, whereas others were never to be mentioned again. Although each one was personally different from another - their habits, thinking and tastes differed - they all had two things in common, first, they were all delivered from their mothers womb (birth) and second, they all tasted death. Who claims he has lived a thousand years?

"The Sun travels to an appointed place. This is the decree of the Mighty, the All-Knowing." (Holy Qur'an 36:38)

Almighty God blesses us with all His gifts. The Sun gives us light during the day to help us see and it helps our crops grow so that we can eat. But the Sun also teaches us other things. Almighty God causes the day to die with its setting and allows the night to take over, which is a time for rest. In this way, He may be showing us that all of us will eventually have to die just like the day. And when the Sun rises in the morning again after our period of rest, it is as if Almighty God is telling us that we too will be raised to life after we have died. These are all signs of Almighty God to teach us to take care of our life.

One thing that we must remember is that death is inevitable, and everything except the Almighty God of course, will perish. Signs of death can be seen all around us. At funerals we see people who were once walking among us being buried in their graves. In the fall we see the leaves turn from green to yellow and fall one at a time, and in the winter we see trees, lifeless. In this way, all things in this world will wither away and die.

According to an old fable, a man made an unusual agreement with Hazrat Izraeel (pbuh) - the angel of death. He told Izraeel (pbuh) that he would be willing to accompany him (as though he had a choice) only if Izraeel (pbuh) would send him a notice well in advance. The agreement was made. Weeks became months and the months into years. One bitterly cold night, as the man sat alone thinking of his success in life, Izraeel (pbuh) tapped on his shoulder. "You are here too soon" the man cried out. "You sent no messenger. I thought we had an agreement!" Izraeel (pbuh) whispered "Notice your hair, once it was full and black, now it has streaks of silver in it! Observe your face in the mirror and see the wrinkles. Yes! I have sent many messages through the years! I have kept my part. I am sorry that you are not ready for me but the order of Almighty God cannot be averted!"

• It's all part of the cycle.

Death will always occur. Both man and beast, rich and poor, good and evil die. Those that presided above others will eventually be brought to the same level as those they scorned. Death shows that we are all equal.

Death is also, in a way, reincarnation. Everything will fade and decay but out of the ashes, something new will be born only to die and pave the path for another life and another death.

• Death be not proud

I recommend a movie called Jacob's Ladder about this death spiral and the struggle therein. But we consider life a gift, we enjoy it, we do not embrace death when life can be embraced instead. One embraces death only when the time has come. There is a time to live and a time to die. Therefore, death cannot be embraced when it is the time to live. However, see Jacob's ladder for when life is snatched from you before you're old. A very beautiful movie.

• How does fear of death affect pain at the end of life?

Pain at the end of life is inescapably interwoven with, and often amplified by, multiple levels of emotional and spiritual angst as the inevitability of death looms. Fear, a potent pain magnifier, is the dominant emotion - fear of pain, fear of death, fear of the unknown.

It is commonly believed that people at the end of life fear pain even more than they fear death. Sadly, for many dying patients, pain seems like the ultimate torment, and death is its cure. It does not have to be this way, and if you or a loved one is facing death, you have every right to ask that your final days not be consumed by pain.

Fear is just one of the powerful emotions in the mix. Dying patients are often prey to a host of anxieties about the state of their affairs, about the fate of those who will grieve their loss, and about how their behavior will be seen, and possibly judged, during their final hours. And of course, there are often deep spiritual and religious questions to address. Did my life have meaning? Will my soul survive my body? Am I at peace with myself, my family, and my friends?

Not least of all these concerns, people at the end of life worry about how their pain will be managed. Will they be under medicated and have to ask, or even beg for relief? Will they be overmedicated and lose consciousness during their precious waning days and hours?

They may even be afraid to complain. If they do, will they be seen as whiners or quitters? If they ask for narcotics, will they be judged by their doctors as drug seeking, or even cowardly? Or will their medical care be relegated to comfort measures only, while all efforts to cure their illness are suspended?

One of the most universal fears is dying alone or being emotionally abandoned. Whether from a feeling of helplessness or aversion, caregivers may spend less time with someone who is dying or neglect to offer simple human comfort, like holding someone's hand or sitting with them for a moment. Dying patients who sense reluctance and avoidance feel abandoned and rejected. The cloud of imminent death casts a shadow of abandonment at a time when a person needs to feel connected and loved.