• For the most heinous of crimes the death penalty is justified.

While I believe the death penalty should be used sparingly, there are crimes and criminals so heinous that the death penalty is absolutely warranted. Take a terrorist who kills many innocent victims, admits his crime, and even boasts of it. I see of no reason why such a criminal should be kept alive to give interviews and write manifestos. In such a case anything less than the death penalty would be a failure of justice.

• Yes I support it all the way

I'm from South Africa, and when they abolished the death penalty in 1994, South Africa became a mess, the country is full of criminals and rapist. There is no order, people think they can do whatever they want, and if they get arrested they will do a few years and they will get released, and they will just do whatever they want again. Countries need the death penalties to scare criminals, to stop crime, and mass murders.

• Ftftfygygyghyghuuhjijinjczsrdyguhjkm yf5edtfyijsrdtfyghbjnk yghjbnkm,

Qaw fdtdtdtvygy enf fee ef ef f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f

• The death sentence should be re in stated

I believe that the death penalty is necessary to punish
    certain crimes. People like serial
    killers, domestic terrorists, and serial child molesters pose too much of a
    threat to society and are not likely to be rehabilitated. It would cost the state a lot of money to
    imprison these criminals, and it would be more cost effective to execute them.

• People should take responsibility for their own actions

If you kill, rape, or torture another person you don't deserve to live. No person that truly believes in God would do such things. Don't use God as an excuse to keep a criminal alive. People are not stupid they know murder is wrong. There is a huge difference between self-defense and killing someone in cold blood. Any person found guilty of murder should automatically get the death penalty. We kill innocent animals every day and innocent lives are taken every day. The tax dollars being spent on criminals should be going to our schools and police forces. There shouldn’t be such a thing as life in prison. What exactly are we waiting for? It’s sad to see hard earned money being wasted on therapy, food, water, clothing, and housing for criminals. Our children are suffering. Criminals don’t change they get smarter and better at not getting caught. How many murderers do you know that changed? We need to focus on making a better/ safer future for everyone. We should get rid of those who have no care for the life of others. Stop letting people get away with murder. Start putting the money wasted to good use. Educate people to not kill, rape, or torture each other. Those that break the law should be held responsible for their actions. No excuses.

• You kill. We kill you

By giving death penalty to a convict we are doing the exact same thing we punished him for. This is giving them the message 'you kill. We kill u'.
    Many a times it happens that innocent people are wrongly accused...And after the death sentence is carried out,its proven that the man wasn't guilty.I think death penalty must be changed with life imprisonment.

• I do not support the death penalty.

No, I do not support the death penalty.There are much more efficient ways to carry out a penalty for a capital offense.Death penalty cases may take years and years to go through the appeals system while rarely taking out the actual penalty.Plus many people feel like it is just morally wrong.

• Death for a Death Makes No Sense

America isn't about street justice. Killing someone for a crime doesn't bring the victim back to life. If anything, someone should get a life sentence in solitary confinement so they understand, at least on some level, the suffering that their victim(s) went through. Life sentences make the prisoner think about what he or she has done.

• No Support Here

I do not support the death penalty. I believe the death penalty is unjust because the criminal seems to be, let off the hook, so to speak. I think life in prison is a far worse sentence, but also far more humane. Secondly, prisoners can still work and provide some small good to human kind while they are serving out their sentence.

• Why would one serial killer get life, and one get death?

I know of a man, that has just now been found innocent of the crime he has been convicted of. He spent so many years on death row, claiming his innocence, and now it's been proven. He's the lucky one. Others have been executed, and later found innocent. Cant bring him back and say, oops. Killing an innocent man by mistake, should be enough to say, this is not working! Then you have a person on death row, that possibly killed one person, and a person in general population, that killed a dozen. Makes me ill. It's a backwards system.

• I don't support it at all!

I don't support the death penalty for several reasons.

Firstly it's not real justice, it doesn't bring back the person who has been murdered nor do it take away the pain the families are suffering.

Secondly it is a violation of one of the most basic human rights, the right to live and regardless of what one does wrong we as a society do not have the right to play "God" and decided who gets to live and who doesn't.

Thirdly it costs a lot of money which could be better spent on rehabilitation and other important things.

Lastly many innocent people have been wrongly accused of serious crimes and have been given the death penalty and some are no longer here to tell us that they're innocent of a crime..

• Death Row is wrong!

I do not support death sentences out of a simple and understandable reason: Where 1 Person commits a crime such as murder which he or she is then sentenced and punishable by finial measure of "death sentence" themselves. 12 others (Judge and Jury) do "exactly the same thing", forwhich they are NOT punished for doing. You can not convince me that the actual verdict called "death sentence" is not but a more hypocritical way of describing "killing". Does it "lesson the doing" simply because the decision was rendered and agreed upon unanimously by 12 people? NOT in my eyes!