Denver OT Loss: Do you agree with Kubiak's long FG decision in OT with the playoffs arguably in the balance?

• I agree with Kubiak

I completely agree with Kubiak going for the long field goal. If his goal was to end it as quickly as possible, maybe the offense could have gained more yards to shorten the field goal some, but I like Kubiak trying to end the game. The Broncos needed that win and not a potential tie. Yes they did lose, but at that point, the win was in their players' hands and that is where a good coach wants it to be.

• Yes, I agree with Kubiak's long FG decision in OT with the playoffs arguably in the balance.

Yes, I agree with Kubiak's long FG decision in OT with the playoffs arguably in the balance because Denver would have tied if they punted. Why play for a tie? Teams should always go for the victory. I would rather lose a game than end in a tie because it provides closure.

• Yes, Kubiak made the correct play call.

Yes, Gary Kubiak made the proper call in sending his kicker Brandon McManus out to attempt a field goal in OT. The fact that the playoffs were on the line only enhances the correctness of the decision. The playoffs are reached and playoff games are won by those with an overpowering will to win. Kubiak is a defending world champion and didn't become so by playing for tie games. That kind of attitude is for losing teams who regularly miss the playoffs and has no place in an NFL locker room. As Kubiak is a proven winner, it is nearly unthinkable that he could have acted otherwise.

• Maybe not in hindsight

Sports Illustrated clearly disagrees with his call, and noted that he paid for it in the OT loss. However, other sportswriters think it was the right call to make. It comes down to whether you're going to play for the tie or for the win. I'm not sure what the statistics show.