Derrick Gordon: Is it important for sports stars to disclose their sexual orientation?

• No, I don't see how it would benefit the game in any way.

I think a person's sexual orientation is their personal business. The only time I think it becomes necessary is when they have something like HIV or hepatitis c. Then it really needs to be shared to protect the other players. And I believe this for all players, whatever their sexual orientation may be. Otherwise, it's really no one's business but their own. A person's sex life should have absolutely no bearing on a sports game. Their ability to play and win is what brings us to the game!

• I don't care.

No, I do not think it is important for sports stars to disclose their sexual orientation, because I do not care what they do in their private lives. I also do not care what he eats or where he goes on vacation. We generally only judge these people by their chosen sport, so their private lives are not relevant to me.

• No there is no reason that "it is important" for a sport star to disclose their sexual orientation.

No there is no reason that "it is important" for a sport star, college or professional, to disclose their sexual orientation. Now it may be personally significant to the individual that the public be aware of the their sexual orientation so that it doesn't feel as if they are hiding in the closet.

• Up To Them

I do not believe it is important for sports stars to disclose their sexual orientation. I think anyone that is exposed to such titles is more than likely going to be realized for what they are regardless. People should be able to make their own decisions about what is right for them.