Did Casey Anthony deliberately kill her daughter, Caylee?

• She obviously killed her daughter.

All released evidence points in her direction. Not only that, but if her daughter had been drowning in a pool, wouldn't her mother have heard her? If she had she would've tried to save her and keep her away from the pool. No mother would ever put her daughter in danger, and as BustlingShannon45 said: "Any mother would immediately report the issue."

• So she could live a disgusting party life,

I can't believe someone could do something so cruel to a sweet little child. She should still be held accountable for that little girls murder. No killer should be able to walk away on this great earth. Why hasn't her mother been held responsible for lying under oath. The system didn't work.

• The evidence matches up.

Everything I've read or heard about regarding this case points right in Casey's direction. She definitely killed her daughter. K9's detected chloroform and the smell of a decomposing body in Casey's car. Caylee was also found in a laundry bag, and an identical one was found at the Anthony residence. There's no way you can say she DIDN'T kill her daughter. The Anthony's are saying it was an accident because they don't want their daughter locked up for life.

• If she didn't get the baby any help, then yes.

Whether the baby drowned or she smothered the baby we will never really know, but the fact that she did not get the baby any help and dumped the baby means she did it on purpose. So yes, she killed that baby deliberately, and she should have been convicted.

Posted by: Ci3nInvader
  • I believe that Casey Anthony deliberately killed Caylee, because she clearly tried to cover up the crime.

Any mother who had lost a child would immediately report the issue to the police. The fact that Casey Anthony waited weeks to report that Caylee was missing indicates that she was covering up the crime, and didn't want anyone looking around her home. This further indicates that she likely used that time to cover up any evidence that would point towards her.

Posted by: BustlingShannon45
  • She obviously killed her

I believe Anthony killed her daughter because all the evidence matches up. It's so sad that she wasn't found guilty when everything shows she was more than guilty. Why did she even have Caylee If she was all about that party life. R.I.P. Caylee you're now in a better place..

• It was intentional.

A mother who truly loves her child would be worried if her child went missing. She would not try to cover her child's disappearance with work. This is the kind of child abuse and negligence of care that still is prevalent in the world. It proves Casey is too immature to be a mother because she couldn't even raise her daughter. On the contrary, she killed her own daughter.

• She did kill caylee

She did kill sweet innocent caylee because she wanted to party and she couldn't do that with a child around . So she killed her deliberately and all the people who think she accidently did it you cant accidently kill a little girl and accidently knock her out and put her in a suitcase so yes she did kill caylee.

• Why would Caylee have duct tape on her face if she wasn't killed intentionally??

If Casey found the baby in the pool, why did Caylee have tape around her head covering her mouth and nose? If she drowned there is no reason for this. She was intentionally killed. The only reason she was reported missing a month later is because Casey's mom kept bugging her about where Caylee was and she had no choice but to make up the story of her being kidnapped. I mean really if your child is kidnapped, the first thing you do is call 911, not wait a month. Come on. She obviously didn't want Caylee to be found.

• I believe she did it on accident.

She was a single mother who wanted to have some fun with a guy, but didn't know what to do about her child and if the guy that she wanted to date, liked kids. BUT, she did kill her daughter. She shouldn't have done what she did though, because it was extremely wrong.

• No, I do not agree that Casey Anthony deliberately killed her daughter, Caylee, because I believe it was an accident.

While I believe that Casey did not kill her daughter intentionally, I do believe she killed her on accident. The prosecutor made the mistake of going for murder, instead of manslaughter, and that is why Casey is free right now. She should be punished for what she did, but the murder charge was too much for what I believe was an accident.

Posted by: GrubbyMariano
  • No one can say, because we will never truly know what happened.

This is a hard question, because my heart goes out to Caylee Anthony. I do not know if we will ever truly know what happened to her. Casey Anthony lied a number of times during the trial, but so did her parents, throughout the investigation. The prosecution was unable to prove that Casey Anthony killed her daughter, and the jury responded by acquitting her of murder. While I do agree that Casey Anthony was a bad mother, I cannot say for certain that she deliberately killed her daughter.

Posted by: AmusingTanner32
  • Casey Anthony did kill her daughter

Casey Anthony wanted to have fun and live her drug filled party life. With a baby, she couldn't do any of those things therefore deciding that Caylee's "drowning" was the right way to go. She killed her daughter with ducktape and her father knew about it for 31 days.
    Yes.

Anonymous says2013-04-16T17:51:52.670
The evidence matches up
Anonymous says2013-09-16T20:14:31.403
First of all.. Where was her concern about what happened to her daughter. Any normal person would want answers of what has happened to their child had she been missing and found DEAD! She was only concerned with getting away with murder. I know I would have been a total wreck and crying hysterically had my baby been found dead. Oh what a shame. I am not even upset that she was not prosecuted.. She will someday have to stand before the REAL JUDGE.. JESUS!